Question about LTCH and someone changing their name.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A coworker just asked me a question.

His daughter, or daughter in law just changed her name.
    She has a lifetime LTCH.

I told him to have her check the Indiana State Police website, that they have a place to change your address, maybe they hsve something about your name. Or at least maybe it's in the FAQs.

After i hung up the phone, now I'm wondering, was that info correct?

Anyone know the answer? Website or phone number?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    When I got married ten years ago, I went online and submitted the name change. It changed the record but they do not automatically send you a new card for your wallet. I was always a little uncomfortable that my driver's license and my LTCH had different last names on them on the copies I carry so I finally paid the fee and got a new card sent to me. I did not submit any name change info when requesting the new copy and it showed my new name so the change had been processed.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    When I got married ten years ago, I went online and submitted the name change. It changed the record but they do not automatically send you a new card for your wallet. I was always a little uncomfortable that my driver's license and my LTCH had different last names on them on the copies I carry so I finally paid the fee and got a new card sent to me. I did not submit any name change info when requesting the new copy and it showed my new name so the change had been processed.

Pretty much this, when we got married my wife just did the same form at the address change (she did that too) and because we weren't comfortable with her last name not matching (too high of probability for confusion and unnecessary detention or possibly incarceration until things were straightened out) we decided to pay the fee for a new LTCH for that one...

Top Bottom