• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LizR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Henry County
    Hey all. I am new here. I am looking for examples or help on writing an appeal letter. I was denied a CCW due to leaving off an arrest on my application. I really forgot about it. It was a misdemeanor from 11 years ago. I got a copy of the police report and now I need to appeal. Can anyone help me with examples of a letter? Maybe someone that wrote one and they approved you? Any help would be appreciated. :):

Thank you.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Just talked to a buddy of mine with the same situation. He filed the appeal and after a year had his hearing. Said he was in the hearing less than 10 mins and had to write down an offense he forgot about 12 years ago. Hearing officer accepted it and passed his license which he received a week later. He said the funny thing was, he’d never put the forgotten charge down on his previous 4 year applications and it never was an issue. Good luck with yours.

LizR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Henry County
    This forum is different than others that I am on and I could not reply to your comment directly. I just could not figure it out. I am interested to hear who you suggest from New Castle. I am wondering why would an appeal letter not be sufficient for this. Why is it necessary to consult with an attorney? Again, I am new to all this so my ignorance on the subject is frustrating.

Thanks!
    Liz

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Is that a suggestion about the quality of Kirk's recommendation? :):

Gave me a quick chuckle. My meaning is that if you need a lawyer, you need to retain one. If your car needs the engine over hauled and you cheap out thinking you will try an fix it yourself, don't be mad at the lawyer because you can't drive it.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    This forum is different than others that I am on and I could not reply to your comment directly. I just could not figure it out. I am interested to hear who you suggest from New Castle. I am wondering why would an appeal letter not be sufficient for this. Why is it necessary to consult with an attorney? Again, I am new to all this so my ignorance on the subject is frustrating.

Thanks!
    Liz
    Liz,
    Go to Kirks last post, click the send PM button (at the bottom of the post), and this will get you into the private message section.
    Ask your question there and submit it.
    Kirk will be notified that he has a private message and he will send you a name via a private message to you.
    He may not be checking back in on this thread very often.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Liz,
    Go to Kirks last post, click the send PM button (at the bottom of the post), and this will get you into the private message section.
    Ask your question there and submit it.
    Kirk will be notified that he has a private message and he will send you a name via a private message to you.
    He may not be checking back in on this thread very often.

Can't PM till you get to 50 posts I believe.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...I am wondering why would an appeal letter not be sufficient for this. Why is it necessary to consult with an attorney?...

An attorney with experience in this area will know what the most effective way of wording a response will be to get the State Police the information they need in the way they want to see it without creating more issues by including unnecessary information.

Maybe you could do it on your own, but even as an attorney, I would not do this myself because it is not something I have experience with. I would guessing about the best way to proceed.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How does a person forget they were arrested?

Take one part not really being sober at the time, mix with passage of time, liberally sprinkle with rationalizations and water from a river in Egypt--Dee Nile. Allow to bake while being distracted by life for two decades or so or until you think everyone has forgotten about it via magic and *bing* you have forgetting about that arrest.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom