Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 162
  1. #31
    Sharpshooter snowwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In the sticks
    Posts
    950
    5 or 6 years ago I was at the Indy 1500 gun show and bought two pistols. I then stopped at Ranger Supply out of Fort Wayne and tried to buy a shotgun, did the paper work and it came back delayed and it went down hill from there. They wanted me to drive to Fort Wayne to pick it up later or me to pay shipping to have it shipped to Indianapolis with no movement in price on the shotgun and I said no, never mind, and got up to leave. The guy behind the table said I owed $40 for the paper work and he would get the police if I would not pay it. The police came, I gave my ID, and they did a background check and said I could go. No big deal. I learned from that to only buy at the local gun store from now on.
    NRA lifetime; USCCA

  2. #32
    Sharpshooter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwalker View Post
    5 or 6 years ago I was at the Indy 1500 gun show and bought two pistols. I then stopped at Ranger Supply out of Fort Wayne and tried to buy a shotgun, did the paper work and it came back delayed and it went down hill from there. They wanted me to drive to Fort Wayne to pick it up later or me to pay shipping to have it shipped to Indianapolis with no movement in price on the shotgun and I said no, never mind, and got up to leave. The guy behind the table said I owed $40 for the paper work and he would get the police if I would not pay it. The police came, I gave my ID, and they did a background check and said I could go. No big deal. I learned from that to only buy at the local gun store from now on.

  3. #33
    Grandmaster GodFearinGunTotin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mitchell
    Posts
    35,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Any judge in New Jersey maybe. Under Article I, ß11 it is unreasonable. See Pinner.

    Officer: "I have reasonable cause to stop you."

    Freeman: "Because I am so damn hawt?" *sticks finger in mouth, places on buttock, shakes finger, wiggles butt*
    You forgot "makes brief sizzle sound"...It's all about the details, man.
    INGOer #18,319

  4. #34
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    24,838
    Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    You forgot "makes brief sizzle sound"...It's all about the details, man.
    Correct. An added eyebrow waggle is optional under current sass regulations.



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  5. #35
    Grandmaster GodFearinGunTotin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mitchell
    Posts
    35,261
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Correct. An added eyebrow waggle is optional under current sass regulations.
    Right? It's like he's not even trying.
    INGOer #18,319

  6. #36
    Master STEEL CORE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fishers
    Posts
    3,006
    Any officer has any reason to ask me for "mah" I.D., I am going to show him or her "mah" I.D.
    No crap, no "why", no BS, probably blue lights flashing in my rearview anyway, so just show it to them.

  7. #37
    Grandmaster lonehoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NWI
    Posts
    6,744
    Quote Originally Posted by STEEL CORE View Post
    Any officer has any reason to ask me for "mah" I.D., I am going to show him or her "mah" I.D.
    No crap, no "why", no BS, probably blue lights flashing in my rearview anyway, so just show it to them.
    NO!!!
    To each their own.
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

    Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

  8. #38
    Plinker Dundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Posts
    240
    Iíve read all the posts here, but I would appreciate hearing this from the LEOís view. Anyone?

  9. #39
    Grandmaster BehindBlueI's's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    17,879
    Quote Originally Posted by injb View Post
    Indiana Code 2016 - Indiana General Assembly, 2018 Session



    I've always wondered about that - does "stopped the person *for* an infraction" mean you have to have actually done it? Or just that their suspicion of that has to be the basis for the stop?
    "Actually done it" is a question for the courts, not the officer. The question for the officer is reasonable suspicion for a stop, probable cause for an arrest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Iíve read all the posts here, but I would appreciate hearing this from the LEOís view. Anyone?
    Anything specific?
    L'otters are not afraid.

  10. #40
    Plinker Dundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    "Actually done it" is a question for the courts, not the officer. The question for the officer is reasonable suspicion for a stop, probable cause for an arrest.

    Anything specific?
    I have not been witness to an arrest, so Iíve not been in a situation where Iíve been recording a situation. But if I was and am asked by an officer for ID, what is the likely response of the officer if I respond like what has been suggested in these posts? Iím guessing escalation of the situation, but Iíve not been in the officerís shoes. So, what is your opinion on best course of action?


Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •