• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brucecrain

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I went to Dick's Sporting Goods to buy so ammo and then the family wented to go eat so we entered the mall. Not even a second later here comes mall security asking me to leave while im trying to get food for my family and I. Why is Simon Mall so anti gun around the US? ?:twocents:

Last edited:

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Can you give us a bit of context? Were you openly carrying?

Simon malls have a "Code of Conduct" posted with small print near the entrances. One of the items listed is, essentially, a no weapons policy. However, as you found out, all they can do is ask you to leave (however, they can also issue you a trespass warning where returning to that property would subject you to arrest for trespass).

Yes, they do know they operate in the USA, where they can take full advantage of their rights as the owners of private property. :):

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    One of the beautiful things about the US, is that private property owners can set their own rules, and we can choose to follow them (or not).

I tend to avoid Simon properties whenever I can. I'll visit a free-standing Dick's Sporting Goods rather than one attached to a mall, for instance.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Do any of them ever ask if you are the police when they see the OC gun?

Depending on how you are carrying and how you are dressed, I would think the police question would be a much more common question than that of legality.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    One of the beautiful things about the US, is that private property owners can set their own rules, and we can choose to follow them (or not).
    But I have read that if you are open to the public, you can no longer exercise your private property rights.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    But I have read that if you are open to the public, you can no longer exercise your private property rights.

I think we read that in the same place.

Next stop- Steak-n-Shake for a loud, profanity-filled discourse on how slow the service is. They can't get rid of me. First Amendment.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    CC = no questions asked
    CC = no getting hassled
    CC = no prying eyes
    CC = no advance notice to BG

OC = asking for all of these things.