• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I park in a garage dowtown. (senate ave) I was curious if a firearm locked in a vehicle would be a no no at this location because it is specificly cited in the code but only on a "person". Not sure if im reading it correctly? Thanks

Indiana - Handgunlaw.us
    PDFHandgunLaw.US › us › states › indiana

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I park in a garage dowtown. (senate ave) I was curious if a firearm locked in a vehicle would be a no no at this location because it is specificly cited in the code but only on a "person". Not sure if im reading it correctly? Thanks

Indiana - Handgunlaw.us
    PDFHandgunLaw.US › us › states › indiana

Gonna need more info about who owns the garage and what code you are referencing.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Well, you aren't allowed to possess it as soon as you enter the garage so I'm going to say it is a no no. But an IAC is an administrative code, not a criminal code so it isn't an arrestible offense. Not sure what the administrative penalty would be.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    Leave a gun in a car long enough it will be stolen.

I can second that, had one stolen about 10 years ago, I am still under the impression management had it done to send a message, so I no longer leave one in my car, and I won't consent to a search, and when the boss ask me if I learned my lesson, I told him "yes I won't leave one in my car anymore" , I think he knows exactly what I mean but he won't go any further.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Only leave the 10mm and .40cal in your cars.
    We don't need those circulating around here. The thugs can have them. :):

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Folks have to make that decision. It should not be up to the company. What if they told you that you had to leave your car keys outside because someone in the building might choke on them? I have quit jobs when told I could not carry or that I would be searched. Gun free zones are nothing but killing fields. Life is already too short......

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone have an informed answer? I know you can't carry on the property but can you leave your firearm locked in your car in these garages? I read this thread (and others) and I don't see a clear answer. Is there a state employee policy somewhere? I can't find it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ok, I think I found my answer. Employee handbook at https://www.in.gov/spd/files/eehandbook.pdf

Parking lot law Indiana Code 35-47-2-1:

(d) This section may not be construed:
    (1) to prohibit a person who owns, leases, rents, or otherwise legally controls private property from regulating or prohibiting the possession of firearms on the private property;

(2) to allow a person to adopt or enforce an ordinance, resolution, policy, or rule that:
    (A) prohibits;  or

(B) has the effect of prohibiting;

an employee of the person from possessing a firearm or ammunition that is locked in the trunk of the employee's vehicle, kept in the glove compartment of the employee's locked vehicle, or stored out of plain sight in the employee's locked vehicle,

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom