• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • L. Cranston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    ne. Indiana
    Today I was in 2 Targets, 1 in Indy on Kesseler Ave. , the other at Northcrest in FtWayne, carrying concealed. Both times, in and out, the "You didn't pay for that" beeped as I went thru the door. A couple of people looked my way but no contact from anyone. There are no "no gun" decals on the doors...

Anybody else?

L.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Today I was in 2 Targets, 1 in Indy on Kesseler Ave. , the other at Northcrest in FtWayne, carrying concealed. Both times, in and out, the "You didn't pay for that" beeped as I went thru the door. A couple of people looked my way but no contact from anyone. There are no "no gun" decals on the doors...

Anybody else?

L.

Never had that happen with a gun.

Regardless... just keep walking. Unless you've signed an agreement (Sam's Club, CostCo), they can't stop and search you or ask for a receipt. I mean, they can ask, but you can say "No, thank you."

Really blows their minds at Meijer when I don't get a plastic bag with the one item I bought, and they repeat "SIR SIR SIR" as I walk to my car.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Is it possible you were wearing something that had a tag in it? I had bought a concealed carry purse online and there was a tag sewn in the inside pocket that was never deactivated before it was shipped to me. Every store I went into, it beeped on the way in and again on the way out. The Walmart greeter got to know me well and always took note that I beeped coming in so they wouldn't bother me on the way back out. I finally found the darn thing and cut it out and the problem stopped.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I have a spare security tag that I removed from something that I purchased and the clerk neglected to remove. They are really easy to take off but that's another story. But I like to carry it on my key ring just for fun sometimes. Of all the dozens of times that it's set off the alarms, not once have I been stopped. I just keep walking. I really don't know why they even bother.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Unless your gun broadcasts a radio frequency, you had an active tag on something. Those aren’t metal detectors they are rfid.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Is it possible you were wearing something that had a tag in it? I had bought a concealed carry purse online and there was a tag sewn in the inside pocket that was never deactivated before it was shipped to me. Every store I went into, it beeped on the way in and again on the way out. The Walmart greeter got to know me well and always took note that I beeped coming in so they wouldn't bother me on the way back out. I finally found the darn thing and cut it out and the problem stopped.

We used to take them out books in the library and stick them in people’s backpacks. Funny every time

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Those aren't metal detectors. They are RFID scanners. Most likely, you have something with a compatible RFID tag that is responding enough to trigger the alarm.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I had bought a coat once from an outlet store. It kept setting off the scanners at a lot of places. I looked inside the coat and found a silver sticker.

Turns out when the first store sent the stuff to the outlet, they never deactivated the tags and the outlet store didn't know about them.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    As the Rhino says, to avoid Walmart.

seen on one of those "ads that tell the truth" compilations: Target, when it's worth the extra 10% to not go to Walmart.

On the grocery side, they are typically within a penny or exactly the same as Walmart on the things I typically look at (though not usually within 10% on soda, when I have such a craving), but they have such a limited selection in some areas.

As for setting of the loss prevention alarm, I've seen certain electronics set those things off in years past. Not things that broadcast, either, but certain models of calculators had a solid track record of setting them off.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Anybody else?

L.
    No decals, but they don't want you there.
    But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target – even in communities where it is permitted by law.
    https://corporate.target.com/article/2014/07/target-addresses-firearms-in-stores

Top Bottom