Free Gunsite training for school Superintendents, ass Super and Board Pres.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Gunsite is offering a free pistol 250 class to school superintendents, assistant superintendents and school board presidents.

https://www.gunsite.com/gunsite-saddened-angered-violence-schools/

From their web page.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE **

Gunsite Academy Inc. is saddened and angered by the violence in our schools.
    We recognize that the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Proper training is crucial to achieve the objective of keeping our young people safe in their schools.
    Gunsite is offering a free five (5) day 250 Pistol Course to School Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, and School Board Presidents.
    Our hope is that we educate these policy makers and help them formulate programs within their schools to train and arm their teachers to better protect our youth.

If you know any people in these positions, forward the info to them if you can.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hopefully it will change their mindset since they are incharge but they certainly aren't the ones in the school building where our children are to stop a threat.
    Usually they're in a nice office building with locked doors

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hopefully it will change their mindset since they are incharge but they certainly aren't the ones in the school building where our children are to stop a threat.
    Agreed, but they set the policy for those other buildings that are GFZ’s.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I'd like to also see discounts for teachers.

That's been in my mind for a while. Both an hard goods and training.

From those I've seen, most need the extra time afforded by the barriers to extricate their blob-shaped figure from their throne and get moving.

The other half of the problem is the snowflake parents freaking out about the killing machines poised to attack in proximity to their little angels.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    My wife is a School Super, we call them District Administrators here in Wisconsin. I grew up around Milford, In. I would love to get her to Gunsite, but I don’t realistically see that happening. We do shoot monthly, she has a Sig 229EE. Her school has recently approved a SRO half time with a neighboring district. She is opposed to allowing any public to carry in the school, but would respect all state laws. I can not carry on school property.

i open carry as weather allows, so we are sort of a conundrum to the people in the community. Not quite sure what to make of us. I guess they didn’t check the spouse out too closely when they hired her. It has not been a problem, support has been in the neighborhood of 500/2 against. We have 50/50 Latino population due to a meat packing plant and quite a few dairies. My wife is fluent in Spanish, which I believe, was relevant in her getting the job.

I have been following this site for a while, not sure if I’ve ever posted, couldn’t remember my password if I had one so had to reup.

My wife would be the FIRST one in her school to insert herself between a shooter and her students, armed or unarmed, so I do worry about her some. We have a German Shepherd, I do a lot of walking around town and talking to people, many assume I’m a LEO, but I am not. Small community, after two years nearly everyone knows who I am, I believe. I don’t see anyone intentionally avoiding me or running away. I go into our local bank open carry, with th dog, and always laugh at the no shirt/no shoe sign on the door. I’ve found open carry to be by and large not an issue. My wife is not thrilled about it but has given up on stopping me. She is much more concerned about what people will think whereas I basically couldn’t care less.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My wife is a School Super, we call them District Administrators here in Wisconsin. I grew up around Milford, In. I would love to get her to Gunsite, but I don’t realistically see that happening. We do shoot monthly, she has a Sig 229EE. Her school has recently approved a SRO half time with a neighboring district. She is opposed to allowing any public to carry in the school, but would respect all state laws. I can not carry on school property.

i open carry as weather allows, so we are sort of a conundrum to the people in the community. Not quite sure what to make of us. I guess they didn’t check the spouse out too closely when they hired her. It has not been a problem, support has been in the neighborhood of 500/2 against. We have 50/50 Latino population due to a meat packing plant and quite a few dairies. My wife is fluent in Spanish, which I believe, was relevant in her getting the job.

I have been following this site for a while, not sure if I’ve ever posted, couldn’t remember my password if I had one so had to reup.

My wife would be the FIRST one in her school to insert herself between a shooter and her students, armed or unarmed, so I do worry about her some. We have a German Shepherd, I do a lot of walking around town and talking to people, many assume I’m a LEO, but I am not. Small community, after two years nearly everyone knows who I am, I believe. I don’t see anyone intentionally avoiding me or running away. I go into our local bank open carry, with th dog, and always laugh at the no shirt/no shoe sign on the door. I’ve found open carry to be by and large not an issue. My wife is not thrilled about it but has given up on stopping me. She is much more concerned about what people will think whereas I basically couldn’t care less.

Welcome to INGO!

Good on your for helping to show the people in your area that carrying a gun is a normal thing that normal people do, not just for cops and criminals.

Q: why does your wife oppose people being able to carry on school grounds?

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Welcome to INGO!

Good on your for helping to show the people in your area that carrying a gun is a normal thing that normal people do, not just for cops and criminals.

Q: why does your wife oppose people being able to carry on school grounds?

That is a good question, it is a topic we have trouble discussing without hard feelings. I think she doesn’t see the need/problems overwhelm the benefits? Less safe than the benefits of allowing carry?

She is relying on the security of the building to keep problems out. I on the other hand, would say if the problem is in the building, the solution needs be in the building not outside hiding behind the police car. ( kind of a jab, sorry any LEO) I think she has just not seen the light yet, I get more flack from her about OC than anyone I meet. It’s all about perceived liability and reducing the schools exposure, at her level. Right or wrong.

i would maintain that the mere idea that someone COULD be armed there reduces the risk of someone trying something. OC/ CC being a deterrent basically. She grew up around rifles and deer hunting, but never touched a handgun until after we married.

i would be for teachers/staff/administration all possibly being armed, with some regular training. However, some of the teachers I know I wouldn’t want to be in the same room if they were armed, and I suspect many if not most would not want to be armed. Obviously, that varies somewhat in different parts of the country.

i do not believe that is a decision she could, or would even if she could, make without the board’s approval. This is probably some pretty grey uncharted territory in Wisconsin at the moment. I have offered to be a C/C SRO for $1.00 a year for when I am at school functions, and she declined. I am not really trained for that in any way, so it might not be a great idea? I generally carry to protect myself and my party. You are responsible for your own safety. So, this would be outside of my normal way of thinking. Not saying I would not protect others, but my first concern as a carrier is me and my party. I generally will not insert my armed self into a situation unless I am CERTAIN I know all the details and players. I have no immunity from prosecution, and I’m responsible for my own legal bills.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That is a good question, it is a topic we have trouble discussing without hard feelings. I think she doesn’t see the need/problems overwhelm the benefits? Less safe than the benefits of allowing carry?

She is relying on the security of the building to keep problems out. I on the other hand, would say if the problem is in the building, the solution needs be in the building not outside hiding behind the police car. ( kind of a jab, sorry any LEO) I think she has just not seen the light yet, I get more flack from her about OC than anyone I meet. It’s all about perceived liability and reducing the schools exposure, at her level. Right or wrong.

i would maintain that the mere idea that someone COULD be armed there reduces the risk of someone trying something. OC/ CC being a deterrent basically. She grew up around rifles and deer hunting, but never touched a handgun until after we married.

i would be for teachers/staff/administration all possibly being armed, with some regular training. However, some of the teachers I know I wouldn’t want to be in the same room if they were armed, and I suspect many if not most would not want to be armed. Obviously, that varies somewhat in different parts of the country.

You are wise! Keep working on the wife . . . she might wind her way to more logical conclusions some day!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Everyone that wants to carry should be armed. Parents, Teachers, ALL Staff Members as well as the Custodians and the Gardeners, etc.... Think of the lives saved if any of these people near the shooters were armed at the time of this and all other shootings.

Saving Lives One Bullet at a Time.

No, lets just send the kids to the slaughter houses because schools get more money for more kids enrolled. No need for home schooling because that would mean that the parents would actually need to be involved in their kids studies. Rather have the school just babysit them instead.

I blame both the schools AND the parents and will continue to until we wipe out these GFZs for good.
    The bad guys are allowed to carry, why can't everybody else?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ask her if she hears shooting in the school, and she's standing in front of the kids to protect them, what's going to happen if she gets shot.
    The shooter isn't going to just stop.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I think stories like the whole foods story in another post and then statistics about all the police that can't control their firearms in schools(Stories of ND's by well-trained people) are what drives that.

They happen very infrequently...but evidently, enough that people opposed to firearms see that as a bigger threat than the rare school shooting that happens too often and we need to ban evil black guns.

Top Bottom