Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by luger fan View Post
    I went through EXACTLY the same thing with my inlaws. I explained that me carrying is for THEIR protection also. They listened but didn't agree. I was very polite but I refused to go back. They were ALWAYS welcome here but not me there as long I exercised my second rights.

Marriage didn't last long anyway. In fact it could classify as a 'drive by marriage.'
    Awww. The great institution of marriage!! When you love someone so much, you give them half your stuff when they leave!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Objective standards are meaningless if people are not held to them.
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36 NIV

User Info Menu

Problem you have is that your in-laws know ANYTHING about you carrying. What they don't know won't hurt them.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

-=Tribeless Poultry=- AngryRooster's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hmmm, this topic reminds me of my first/only infraction. Back in 2014 there was a thread from a guy that threw his son in law out of the family reunion. IIRC (I may be fuzzy on some of the details, it's been a while) he was pretty rude about it, threw him out and insisted that his daughter stay and not leave with her husband. The guy's crime at the reunion, he carried his pistol. The one who threw him out ranted about being the only one who was allowed to carry. To this day I stand by my comment.

That thread is long gone. I've looked for it a few times and have never found it again. I believe the other member was shootered at some point as well, he is still on my ignore list regardless.
    Quote of the week...
    Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    Donít forget to prove itís unloaded by dropping the mag firing the chambered round into the clearing barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well, we are a kinder/gentler Ingo these days.

The 2017 year of the Fire Rooster is over. 2029 Earth Rooster - The countdown begins...
    INGO #468

User Info Menu

Guess I'm super lucky with my in-laws. Not luck, really. They raised the type of girl I wanted to marry.

That said, I've never taken anything back to the car, or left it there in the first place. I WILL conceal intentionally on the rare occasion that I know it maybe become a negative talking point. So far, though, all my family, anyone I consider a friend, and pretty much anyone who is a friendly acquaintance knows I carry. Even the few fairly liberal folks I now have never made an issue of it.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LEaSH View Post
    I wouldn't rock the boat with the inlaws.

Deep conceal and that's a fair compromise.
    Thats what I do. I will carry it in if I dont want to carry on me or cant have it on me all the time (they have a pool). In that case it stays in my man bag inside a thing called a life jacket. I dont have to unload and the whole thing is safe. Of course now ALL the kids in the fam are old enough to know not to touch it anyway. BiL is a little PTSD from the sandbox and openly says he doesnt want a gun because of that reason, which I respect. I dont think they realized how much I carry until a discussion following their newly graduated college boy's negative comment on my wife's FB post about ALLOWING teachers to be armed. I pointed out that I carry more than he realized and more often than not when he sees me Im armed. I havent been down since I made that statement simply due to lack of opportunity. I even offered to take him and his siblings to the range to educate them and he never even bothered to respond. So we will see what happens. Who knows, maybe they have decided to never invite us again and we just dont know it yet. LOL

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sportlo...r-pistols.html

I do like the idea of house rules. "I cant come if Im armed? Well you must carry if you want to come to my house. " LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post

I do like the idea of house rules. "I cant come if Im armed? Well you must carry if you want to come to my house. " LOL
    I am SO getting a "visitor's gun" and holster to issue to my unarmed guests! Either a Hi-Point, so they feel properly chastised, or a fancy 1911, in an attempt to win them over.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

-=Tribeless Poultry=- AngryRooster's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    I am SO getting a "visitor's gun" and holster to issue to my unarmed guests! Either a Hi-Point, so they feel properly chastised, or a fancy 1911, in an attempt to win them over.
    "You must be armed when you are on my property. I will not be held liable for your inability to protect yourself. Here is your loaner gun, be sure you can provide your own upon your next visit."
    Quote of the week...
    Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    Donít forget to prove itís unloaded by dropping the mag firing the chambered round into the clearing barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well, we are a kinder/gentler Ingo these days.

The 2017 year of the Fire Rooster is over. 2029 Earth Rooster - The countdown begins...
    INGO #468

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    The Hi-Point of shame or the fame of the 1911?
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

I would still go to in-laws but just conceal better. If shtf tell in-laws not to come hiding behind you.lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast