• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Bail bonds woman acquitted of first degree murder:

[video=youtube;i6gE0iMZ1WU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6gE0iMZ1WU[/video]

Not in evidence from the video: there's a window or door and a balcony off screen in the direction that the guy she was trying to cuff went.

khou.com | VIDEO: Prosecutor releases video of deadly shooting at Oklahoma bail bonds office

???

This account says the guy was shot in the back as he was climbing out the window.
    https://www.gatorcountry.com/swampg...client-after-shooting-him-in-the-back.391580/

Without seeing the rest of the trial I am guessing there is some element of the crime in law that the jury felt was not met, but...wow.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What the hell???? And did you see her flinch when she fired the gun? How is the world is she bail bondsman?

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I was not there. With that said, however, bail bond "agents" is some states have way too much discretion in dealing with criminals. I should also think that maybe that murder is off the table, a reckless homicide/manslaughter type charge should be applied. Folks have rights. If a police officer did this, he would have been fired, keelhauled, hanged from the highest yardarm, and imprisoned in Durance Vile.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Could be the DA screwed up by going with a first degree murder charge. Specifics vary by jurisdiction but generally first degree murder requires evidence of premeditation or malice aforethought. Voluntary manslaughter or second degree murder may have been more appropriate, again depending on jurisdictional specifics. IIRC, there are some situations in which a jury can recommend a lesser charge, but I'm not sure how it works here.

I don't understand how a reasonable person can judge this shooting to be in any way defensive.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    There are several ways to get to a 1st° murder charge in Oklahoma, and one of them is malice aforethought. But malice forethought only requires you intended to kill the person you killed. Well…

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    If a police officer did this, he would have been fired, keelhauled, hanged from the highest yardarm, and imprisoned in Durance Vile.

Probably fired, possibly imprisoned. But we're seen video within the past couple of years of officers doing just as egregious acts and also being acquitted.

Nothing, it seems, is a slam dunk in the criminal justice system.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    She's a woman. He's a muscular guy. He's apparently a criminal. Juries don't have to say why they acquit, and "he had it coming" is sometimes all it takes.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    She's a woman. He's a muscular guy. He's apparently a criminal. Juries don't have to say why they acquit, and "he had it coming" is sometimes all it takes.

OK is definitely one of those places in the US where "he had it coming" jury nullification is still a thing.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Did you catch how she turned her back on him, while slowly retrieving her gun from the desk? She wasn't scared of anything...except
    money escaping out the window.

Her son's spontaneous declarations didn't help her case much, either.

If this is how she intends to do business, she might want to take a tip from Watergate and remove the office recording system!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    His foot no longer itches.
    She may have been revoking his freedom and used force on a then fleeing Felon, but dang............................
    Bet that was LOUD!

Top Bottom