Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1094

User Info Menu

Panama City Florida

70-something yo man was in front of his house around 6 a.m. when he saw a man acting erratically, swearing and screaming walking down the street. Mr. Erratic approached the old man, who fled into his garage and then into his house. Mr. Erratic beat on the door between garage and house, but not gaining entry there went to the glass front door of the house and broke in. He knocked the 70+ man's wife to the floor and began beating her about the head. 70+ went upstairs, retrieved a handgun, and fired several times, killing Mr. Erratic. Mrs. 70+ was taken to hospital but articles did not have word on her condition.

Police identified Mr. Erratic's real name, and discovered he was staying at a nearby short-term rental with some other adults and children where the police observed narcotics in plain sight. A warrant was obtained, a search found a smorgasbord of drugs, and the adults went to jail on a variety of drug and child neglect charges.

Pictures of the smashed glass door and the various ne'er-do-wells at the links.

https://www.facebook.com/BayCountySO...58194519333516

https://leadpatriot.com/armed-70-yea...fe-video/7289/
    Last edited by Alamo; 4 Weeks Ago at 14:28.

User Info Menu

Philadelphia Pennsylvania

https://6abc.com/gun-store-shooting-...-news/6226476/

Gun store owner was "staking out" his store because of previous burglary attempts. He saw men using cutters to enter a gate and the store.

Gus store owner shot at them, striking one of the men inside his store (on second floor) in the head, DOS. Two or three others fled. Some guy showed up at a nearby hospital with a shoulder GSW, police investigating to see if he was part of this incident.

GS owner cooperating with police.

ETA: More details:
    https://www.phillyvoice.com/south-ph...glary-looters/

"One of the individuals that broke into the property pointed a handgun at him," Chief Inspector Scott Smalls told FOX 29. "And that's when the store owner fired his own weapon – striking the one perpetrator at least one time in the head and he collapsed, dropping his gun between his legs."
    Last edited by Alamo; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:58.

User Info Menu

Omaha Nebraska

https://www.ketv.com/article/officia...rlock/32733160

This is probably covered in other threads but DA has ruled this self-defense, so deserves an entry here.

"Protesters" in Omaha confronted in front of bar after a street sign was used to break bar windows. Bar owner's dad gets in tussle with people in front. Bar owner, a white guy (yep it matters) approaches demanding who shoved his dad. Someone notices bar owner is armed and announces it. A woman, self-described "person of color" tackles him from behind and takes him to the ground and other people surround to join in. Bar owner fires two self-described warning shots and people scatter. As bar owner is getting up a young black man tackles him from behind taking him to ground again and putting his arm around bar owner's neck while apparently trying to grab or control the weapon. Bar owner is heard on video tapes shouting "Get off me, get off me, please get off me." Because his right hand is trapped, bar owner switches gun to left hand, points gun over his shoulder and shoots the other guy in the shoulder/neck area, killing him.

Other articles and social media claim the bar owner is "homophobic racist" and used racial slurs, but several audio tracks exist and DA says no evidence of this. The man killed was caught on other videos earlier vandalizing another property.

Woman who tackled him gave a statement to police apparently believing it would cause the police to arrest bar owner, but in the process admits to tackling him from behind and pulling him to the ground because he had a gun. I don't yet see any indication she was arrested for assault.

If you are out and about in dangerous turf, make sure you have plenty of video rolling...

User Info Menu

Una salus victis nullam sperare salute.
    The only hope for the doomed, is no hope at all
    Virgil

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.
    Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    Omaha Nebraska

This is probably covered in other threads but DA has ruled this self-defense, so deserves an entry here.

"Protesters" in Omaha confronted in front of bar after a street sign was used to break bar windows. Bar owner's dad gets in tussle with people in front. Bar owner, a white guy (yep it matters) approaches demanding who shoved his dad. Someone notices bar owner is armed and announces it. A woman, self-described "person of color" tackles him from behind and takes him to the ground and other people surround to join in. Bar owner fires two self-described warning shots and people scatter. As bar owner is getting up a young black man tackles him from behind taking him to ground again and putting his arm around bar owner's neck while apparently trying to grab or control the weapon. Bar owner is heard on video tapes shouting "Get off me, get off me, please get off me." Because his right hand is trapped, bar owner switches gun to left hand, points gun over his shoulder and shoots the other guy in the shoulder/neck area, killing him.

Other articles and social media claim the bar owner is "homophobic racist" and used racial slurs, but several audio tracks exist and DA says no evidence of this. The man killed was caught on other videos earlier vandalizing another property.

Woman who tackled him gave a statement to police apparently believing it would cause the police to arrest bar owner, but in the process admits to tackling him from behind and pulling him to the ground because he had a gun. I don't yet see any indication she was arrested for assault.

If you are out and about in dangerous turf, make sure you have plenty of video rolling...
    So the dude who tackled him was gay?
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    So the dude who tackled him was gay?
    Dunno about that, but a new player has entered the game:

Chief: Man who shot Omaha protester could face gun charge

The County Attorney has already decided that the bar owner killed the guy on his back in self-defense and no felony charge is warranted.

But now the Police Chief is saying they can still arrest the bar owner because his carry permit was expired and he was carrying a gun. But then he passes the buck and says filing [misdemeanor] charges would be up to the City prosecutor (note, not the same as the County Attorney).

There's a word from my military days for what the Chief is doing but I'll bet the INGO filter blocks it. Lessee: "Chicken ****."
    Well, half of it got through.

User Info Menu

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/co...th-side-police

Concealed-carry holder shoots attacker on Chicago's Far South Side: police

Not much info
    Virgil

John Paul Jones

A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.

User Info Menu

CPL holder fatally shoots man aiming gun at motorists on Michigan highway, police say

EATON COUNTY, MI – A Michigan man allegedly seen firing gunshots into the air and pointing a handgun at motorists in the middle of a roadway was shot and killed by a passerby with a concealed pistol license.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

User Info Menu

Virgil

John Paul Jones

User Info Menu

Armed Robber On Parole Shot And Killed By Texas Store Clerk

Police believe the gunman fired at least one shot, missing the clerk by just inches.

That’s when the clerk pulled out a gun of his own