Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    Victorville California on 9/4/19.

Deputy tries to defend herself with handgun. Doesn't go well. This deputy is lucky she is alive.

https://www.vvdailypress.com/news/20...aught-on-video
    Holy ****! She really needed to not let him get that close.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Holy ****! She really needed to not let him get that close.
    I was reminded of the great Tuco when watching that.

When you have to shoot. Shoot. Don't talk.

Eli Wallach actually improvised that line. When he did, the whole crew burst out laughing. He didn't see why it was funny. Just seemed sensible to him.

She spent too much time telling him she was gonna shoot him and not nearly enough time actually shooting him.

I have wondered since watching that; is this just poor training? Does she just have the wrong mindset for police work? Or are some officers worrying too much about being the next target of the social justice warrior mob for shooting another unarmed black dude?
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

It was a setup. the gun had blanks in it. She let him get it on camera so the backup could take him out with no questions asked.

BLM: If she had not been threatening him with a gun, he would not have HAD to take it away from her! He was an unarmed black man goaded into actions that got him (an innocent) killed by hostile white cops.

User Info Menu

I can MQB as well as anyone, so ...

It appears to me that at about :36 or :37 she does not yet have the gun in her hand, but the struggle is on and he has grabbed her left arm. She blades her body to him, and you can see her right arm go back and her elbow go up as if she is drawing her handgun. While she's drawing he punches her in the head, which probably disrupted her ability to bring the gun to bear. He grabs her gun hand, which is now totally tied up holding the gun and trying to protect it, and he is controlling it so she can't shoot him. He beats her to the ground, controlling her gun hand while beating her with his other fist. Once on the ground he pins her gun hand and strips away the weapon.

One thing I got out of the substantial amount of knife defense training I went through is I have to defend against the initial attack - stop it, deflect it, break contact/make distance, whatever -- then transition to taking counter attack with my own weapon. Trying to draw and deploy my own weapons while simultaneously fighting off the attack was a loser option every time and got me stabbed a lot. Even if at that point I can draw and shoot, I've still lost because I'm full of holes. I've seen some suggest blading the body to protect the holstered gun, defending with the non-gun arm, and drawing at the same time, but it is really easy for an attacker using his entire body to blast through your one arm and foul the draw or knock you on your butt. As in this case. If he had had a knife she would have been cut to pieces instead of just bruised.

But if you have no option other than draw and shoot, because you don't have any serious empty hand skills...

User Info Menu

My friend Dusty Rhodes (not the wrestler) told me years ago that if a woman could not raise a 40 foot wooden ladder by her self she should not be a lineman.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    I can MQB as well as anyone, so ...

One thing I got out of the substantial amount of knife defense training I went through is I have to defend against the initial attack - stop it, deflect it, break contact/make distance, whatever -- then transition to taking counter attack with my own weapon. Trying to draw and deploy my own weapons while simultaneously fighting off the attack was a loser option every time and got me stabbed a lot. Even if at that point I can draw and shoot, I've still lost because I'm full of holes. I've seen some suggest blading the body to protect the holstered gun, defending with the non-gun arm, and drawing at the same time, but it is really easy for an attacker using his entire body to blast through your one arm and foul the draw or knock you on your butt. As in this case. If he had had a knife she would have been cut to pieces instead of just bruised.

But if you have no option other than draw and shoot, because you don't have any serious empty hand skills...
    Knife section of a class I took we used stun guns. Man I got lit up and bruised. Quite a bit. Real eye opener for me on in close uses.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82