Fresh Thyme's corporate policy concerning firearms is.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Fresh Thyme is probably my favorite store with Meijer coming in a close second. I have never seen a "No firearms" sign at either Fresh Thyme's Fishers or Carmel location. However, I still wanted to know the corporate policy regarding firearms in their stores so I took the liberty of sending them an email.

Today I asked them if they have a policy prohibiting firearms or if they follow state laws in regards to firearms. Here is their reply:

"Hi Bobby, thank you for messaging us, and we appreciate your concern on this matter. We reached out to our team, and we abide by state laws and guidelines in this situation. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!"

Needless to say, I was happy with the response and intend to keep shopping there. I just wanted to share the news with everyone on here in case there were a few others wondering about Fresh Thyme's corporate policy. :)

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    They actually used to have “no firearms” signs a few years ago, but to my pleasant surprise, they removed them.

This was the greenwood store several years ago... note the Illinois statute.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    They actually used to have “no firearms” signs a few years ago, but to my pleasant surprise, they removed them.

The weather here in Indiana will soon be warming up. I wanted to know what the corporate policy was ahead of time in case a store manager tried to disarm me. I didn't realize one of the stores in Indiana actually put a "No Guns" sign up at one time. Like I said, I never saw anything like that at the Carmel or Fishers location. Of course, I have only been a Fresh Thyme shopper since late summer 2017.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I saw the same sign at the location on 86th Street Last time I was in there, but that was a couple of years ago.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Conceal carried in Ft. Wayne store Saturday with no issues. Don't recall seeing a sign but I usually don't look very hard. My gun did not magically jump out of its holster and shoot anyone.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    The weather here in Indiana will soon be warming up. I wanted to know what the corporate policy was ahead of time in case a store manager tried to disarm me. I didn't realize one of the stores in Indiana actually put a "No Guns" sign up at one time. Like I said, I never saw anything like that at the Carmel or Fishers location. Of course, I have only been a Fresh Thyme shopper since late summer 2017.

I can't imagine a series of events where that ends well for anyone. :ugh:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Why would the manager see your firearm? :dunno:

4ubmuHe.gif

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Until we moved a couple months ago, my wife and I had been regulars at the Greenwood store since it opened. I carried (usually CC) every time I went in and never had a problem (even during the short time the sign was up).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Fresh Thyme is probably my favorite store with Meijer coming in a close second. I have never seen a "No firearms" sign at either Fresh Thyme's Fishers or Carmel location. However, I still wanted to know the corporate policy regarding firearms in their stores so I took the liberty of sending them an email.

Today I asked them if they have a policy prohibiting firearms or if they follow state laws in regards to firearms. Here is their reply:

"Hi Bobby, thank you for messaging us, and we appreciate your concern on this matter. We reached out to our team, and we abide by state laws and guidelines in this situation. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!"

Needless to say, I was happy with the response and intend to keep shopping there. I just wanted to share the news with everyone on here in case there were a few others wondering about Fresh Thyme's corporate policy. :)

We don't have a Fresh Tyme in Carmel. That's Westfield trying to join the cool kids club. ;)

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn

A corporate policy that allows/follows current state law...is refreshing and something I will support...both in policy and with my hard-earned dollars!

A store manager does not have the authority to disarm anyone...ask you to leave if it's a corporate policy, yes...but disarm a patron... absolutely not!

We shop at the Fort Wayne Fresh Thyme...I cc there regularly...never an issue.

Top Bottom