• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, one more place I wont go!!

What do you mean on a field trip or something? Because I imagine that if your child is in need of Riley's unique skills, you wouldn't have such an opposition. You (and I) may not agree with their policy, but superior medical care IS superior medical care.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    What do you mean on a field trip or something? Because I imagine that if your child is in need of Riley's unique skills, you wouldn't have such an opposition. You (and I) may not agree with their policy, but superior medical care IS superior medical care.

Agree. I have firearms to protect me and my family. If I have to choose between boycotting a place for their policy and my child’s health, well, the answer is obvious. I suppose we all avoid using the post office also?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Agree. I have firearms to protect me and my family. If I have to choose between boycotting a place for their policy and my child’s health, well, the answer is obvious. I suppose we all avoid using the post office also?
    Wait, what?! Post Offices have metal detector?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    You can't have pocket knives either... My sister had to take her kid there so my father tagged along. He unarmed before walking up, but was told the knife had to go back to car or they kept it.

They were there very early. No LEO presence, just a tired looking lady at the scanner. When they left late in the day there was an officer of some sort there.

Kind of bothers me that they decided to do this. I do not see why it was needed. Dog and pony show maybe. I do not see how it keeps the kids safer.

We donate to them annually. Guess this time I will include a letter of my concerns over this.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Riley may HAVE BEEN the best children's hospital in the state, now they have implemented an unacceptable security problem for my family.

What is the alternative to Riley?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My kids safety is extremely important to me.
    Taking away my daughters personal armed bodyguard and replacing it with a metal detector and a hand full of overweight, aging Barneys is not acceptable.

All they are doing is keeping armed good guys from doing their jobs while protecting armed dirtbags and giving them plenty of opportunity.

If they truly cared about the "Kids" they wouldn't be putting them in harms way like this.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

This.

One of my coworkers was just there a couple days ago after her daughter ate a bunch of small magnets. I'm pretty sure she didn't care that she had to leave her sidearm in the car.

Top Bottom