Run for an assault weapons ban in Indy...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Out of one side of his mouth he says he is pro-second amendment, out of the other side he wants to violate it.

Remember his name when you cast your ballot.

Fortunately knowing this state, he can say anything he wants, I doubt it would get "off the table".

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This guy’s a politician, so I expect him to try and **** me. Michael Hilton is a gunstore “owner”, and **** him for trying to **** me! BTW, when de PopGuns change names and that Jackass get ownership back?

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    In my experience, Oliver has never returned an email.
    He doesn’t understand the basic issues of his constituents and is more interested in pandering to local real estate developers than speaking to those he is supposed to represent.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In my experience, Oliver has never returned an email.
    He doesn’t understand the basic issues of his constituents and is more interested in pandering to local real estate developers than speaking to those he is supposed to represent.

I would say just follow the money/influence but I would hope we as adults already know this.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    This guy’s a politician, so I expect him to try and **** me. Michael Hilton is a gunstore “owner”, and **** him for trying to **** me! BTW, when de PopGuns change names and that Jackass get ownership back?
    :+1:
    If they're not for us, they're against us.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Mike Hilton Jr is NOT Mike Hilton Sr, who you are referring to. Jr started his own business and rented the same building his dad was renting. This is NOT Pop Guns or Family Firearms. Mike Jr is not his dad and a pretty nice guy. How did Mike **** you exactly? By stating [FONT=&amp]“I have no problem with that whatsoever: requiring training for people, requiring education for firearms,” Hilton said.[/FONT]? It's his opinion. "You are either with us or against us" is 100% BS. [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Mike Hilton Jr is NOT Mike Hilton Sr, who you are referring to. Jr started his own business and rented the same building his dad was renting. This is NOT Pop Guns or Family Firearms. Mike Jr is not his dad and a pretty nice guy. How did Mike **** you exactly? By stating [FONT=&amp]“I have no problem with that whatsoever: requiring training for people, requiring education for firearms,” Hilton said.[/FONT]? It's his opinion. "You are either with us or against us" is 100% BS. [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

:popcorn:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Mike Hilton Jr is NOT Mike Hilton Sr, who you are referring to. Jr started his own business and rented the same building his dad was renting. This is NOT Pop Guns or Family Firearms. Mike Jr is not his dad and a pretty nice guy. How did Mike **** you exactly? By stating [FONT=&amp]“I have no problem with that whatsoever: requiring training for people, requiring education for firearms,” Hilton said.[/FONT]? It's his opinion. "You are either with us or against us" is 100% BS.

I don't necessarily agree with Hilton Sr. regarding required training/education, but I understand where that feeling would come from. Not many people have seen as many idiots handling firearms as an owner of a gun shop with a range. Especially on the east side of Indy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Councilor William Oliver, who serves District 9 on the north side, said while he's pro-Second Amendment, he's pushing for his resolution in the wake of the Parkland, Florida, high school shooting on Feb. 14 and the subsequent student-led March for Our Lives rallies locally and nationwide.

“Let the public weigh in on this discussion. Right now, we don't have a hearing,” the councilman said.

Oliver said he's alarmed by the number of mass shootings since a federal assault weapons ban ended in 2004. He said his particular issue is with AR-15s, a semi-automatic gun used in mass shootings at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012; an Orlando nightclub in 2016; a Las Vegas concert in October; a Sutherland Springs, Texas, church in November; and the Florida high school.

“We're seeing a rise in the use of assault weapons in crowded areas,” he said.

“This particular weapon is used for mass destruction.”

Oliver would not say whether or not he is a gun owner.

No, he's not pro-Second Amendment. At all.

The only question is, is he actually ignorant of the 2nd Amendment and what it entails, or is he just a liar? Or both?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

[/FONT]
    I stand corrected on the Jackass part, the Sr. Jr. distinction was not made. As far as his opinion,it’s his to spread about, but when he spreads it over the air, he ****s everyone of us by giving the antis a “see, he’s for common sense gun control”. He appears to be yet another butter, so may as well be anti, and he’ll see no business from me or anyone I have any influence over.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    "I'm pro second amendment, but I want to ban your guns."

Take a long walk off a short pier, buddy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thank you Jim Lucas, et al for this gem: IC 35-47-11.1-2

"Sec. 2. Except as provided in section 4 of this chapter, a political subdivision may not regulate:(1) firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories;
    (2) the ownership, possession, carrying, transportation, registration, transfer, and storage of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories; and
    (3) commerce in and taxation of firearms, firearm ammunition, and firearm accessories. As added by P.L.152-2011, SEC.4."

Thats legalese for "hey Indy city county council, go F yourself!"

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thank you Jim Lucas, et al for this gem: IC 35-47-11.1-2

"Sec. 2. Except as provided in section 4 of this chapter, a political subdivision may not regulate:(1) firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories;
    (2) the ownership, possession, carrying, transportation, registration, transfer, and storage of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories; and
    (3) commerce in and taxation of firearms, firearm ammunition, and firearm accessories. As added by P.L.152-2011, SEC.4."

Thats legalese for "hey Indy city county council, go F yourself!"

This is great but i believe they are trying to introduce a statewide ban not just Indy. Dont think it has the slightest chance, but with all the traitors in the Republican party we definitely cant let our guard down

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :popcorn:

Between the butters, the fudds, the capitulators, and the anti-gun-nutters, we're screwed. My only hope is for this fall's elections re-teach the lesson that gun control is a loser...that's our best hope, I believe.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Oliver is a Democrat Indy City Councilman. He proposed that the City Council send a resolution to the State Legislature asking them to pass legislation banning "assault weapons". He did not introduce a city ordinance trying to ban them. He's just jumping on the current emotional hysteria band wagon.

Southbendfamily

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    SBN
    South Bend's city council try something like this about every 2 years, to the same effect; a very direct reminder of the state constitution's pre-emption laws. I think that after reminding them of this about 4 times now they would remember, but to no avail. They have sent most recently, a resolution of "gun safety measures"

So they're asking state and federal lawmakers to take action to see stricter gun regulations for those who quote—“would be a threat to themselves and others."The gun laws would include universal background checks and to tighten up gun laws for abusers and stalkers in domestic violence cases.
    Supporters want to close internet and private sales loopholes in the Federal Background check system. They say those loopholes lends the opportunity for abusers, severely mentally ill, and violent felons to get guns with no questions asked.
    The resolution also asks for stronger prohibitive laws that would confiscate guns from those under restraining order.

South Bend City Council to vote on gun safety resolution | WSBT

Last edited:
    Top Bottom