• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    They pat down and occasionally wand. They profile the line depending on the band(s). At Phish and Dave Matthews they're looking for bongs, pills, bottles of booze, etc. At Metallica they're looking for knives, brass knuckles, bottles of booze. At country shows they're looking for bottles of booze. Lol sense a pattern here? If it's a sold out show with a massive herd trying to get in 15min before the show starts, it's a madhouse. If you are adept at illusion (hidden pockets, Thunderwear (behind a belt buckle), something hidden in your hand with your phone, keys, cigarettes etc (arms raised)...they can't notice everything and they are human. You are smart, crowds are stupid. Use this to your advantage.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    They pat down and occasionally wand. They profile the line depending on the band(s). At Phish and Dave Matthews they're looking for bongs, pills, bottles of booze, etc. At Metallica they're looking for knives, brass knuckles, bottles of booze. At country shows they're looking for bottles of booze. Lol sense a pattern here? If it's a sold out show with a massive herd trying to get in 15min before the show starts, it's a madhouse. If you are adept at illusion (hidden pockets, Thunderwear (behind a belt buckle), something hidden in your hand with your phone, keys, cigarettes etc (arms raised)...they can't notice everything and they are human. You are smart, crowds are stupid. Use this to your advantage.

Pretty much this ... except wands are standard at all concerts, not just occasionally.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Went recently. They now have you walk through metal detectors and if you cannot for some reason (i.e. pacemaker, etc) they have someone check you (I'm not sure in the case I saw of this that they wanded the person or did a very cursory pat down. They did seem to have a wand available for that but don't recall seeing it used.) Didn't test it out, but didn't see anyone set off the metal detector either so not sure if it's theater, how sensitive it is, or if folks were just being compliant.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I walked through a metal detector for the Doobie Brothers show a couple days ago.
    Just curious, can you speak to whether it actually detected anything? I didn't put it to the test by carrying as walking back would have been disruptive for someone was with (disabled and I had the tickets on my phone).

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just curious, can you speak to whether it actually detected anything? I didn't put it to the test by carrying as walking back would have been disruptive for someone was with (disabled and I had the tickets on my phone).
    I was carrying my cell phone and wallet, nothing else. It never detected anything the whole time I could see and hear it.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I recently went to dead and company there were no detectors there, but when I went to Doobie Brothers the detectors were there. It must be dependent on the bands policies.

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Why even go there to listen to nothing but noise and distortion. The sound system is horrible. The speakers all sound “blown” and “buzzy” - it’s ridiculous. Was there for a Chicago concert and won’t waste my money there again.

US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    Confiscated a pocket knife from a fellow in front of me at the Rod Stewart concert. They pulled him to the side and I think they were explaining how to get it back when he left.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Confiscated a pocket knife from a fellow in front of me at the Rod Stewart concert. They pulled him to the side and I think they were explaining how to get it back when he left.
    My ex wife worked their part time on their recycling and sanitation team. They would literally comb through the trash bags after the shows to separate out bottles and cans to be recycled. The trash cans near the entrance were always full of pocket knives folks had pitched because they weren't allowed to carry them in but didn't want to walk all the way back to the car. I have a whole shoebox full of pocket knives she brought home for me. Most are cheap garbage, but there were a few decent ones.

Top Bottom