• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Overall good information. I disagree with her about leaving the door open. She herself says later that she cant leave the vehicle because her kids are in it. If the doors were shut and locked this would give more options.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Overall good information. I disagree with her about leaving the door open. She herself says later that she cant leave the vehicle because her kids are in it. If the doors were shut and locked this would give more options.

plus leaving the door open, she is now boxed in on 4 sides, gas hose, gas pump, car, car door. Not my idea of a safe place.
    Her purse, keep it on the floor board out of sight. lock the doors and keep your eyes roaming the lot.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I completely agree. The entire video is predicated on the decision not to get back in the car.

Get the pump going, get back in the vehicle and lock the door. Not only does that give you the option of turning on the car and driving away, but it provides a barrier that prevents the initial contact from anyone up to no good.

When someone walks up and trys to get close by asking for change, a lighter, etc., it's heck of a lot easier to sit in the car and shake your head "no" rather having to interact.

If only someone taught some type of class, focused primarily around how to deal with these unknown contacts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I completely agree. The entire video is predicated on the decision not to get back in the car.

Get the pump going, get back in the vehicle and lock the door. Not only does that give you the option of turning on the car and driving away, but it provides a barrier that prevents the initial contact from anyone up to no good.

When someone walks up and trys to get close by asking for change, a lighter, etc., it's heck of a lot easier to sit in the car and shake your head "no" rather having to interact.

If only someone taught some type of class, focused primarily around how to deal with these unknown contacts.

I make sure they do not get that close. We all have our ways.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Driving to work this morning, I caught an Atlanta area airwave news station reporting the carjacking of a woman in the Atlanta Hartsfield Metro Airport parking economy lot,(https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...and-her-car-is-stolen-outside-atlanta-airport)
    three teens one just 13 approached her it is alleged with a sop story and when she rolled her window down to talk to them, they pulled her out of her car, beat her (A$$) pretty good and tyhen she-daisied off with her car.

(don't ask me what She-daisied off with her car means, It means three misbeguided social and economicaly challenged girls, needed transportation, and without any means of their own or parents to transport them, took matters into their own hands).

Poor things.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Driving to work this morning, I caught an Atlanta area airwave news station reporting the carjacking of a woman in the Atlanta Hartsfield Metro Airport parking economy lot, three teens one just 13 approached her it is alleged with a sop story and when she rolled her window down to talk to them, they pulled her out of her car, beat her (A$$) pretty good and tyhen she-daisied off with her car.

(don't ask me what She-daisied off with her car means, It means three misbeguided social and economicaly challenged girls, needed transportation, and without any means of their own or parents to transport them, took matters into their own hands).

Poor things.

It is damned sad when we can no longer take a moment to assist.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Since as a society we've chosen to loose the lunatics and people who can't be trusted to lawfully employ their constitutional rights those who are just going about their daily business are in almost constant danger. The enemy is inside the wire.

Keep your head on a swivel and go armed everywhere. Nice to see her skin the smoke wagon and put rounds on target at the sight of the perps gun, good advice on staying alert other than that YMMV as noted earlier.

Last edited:

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    It is damned sad when we can no longer take a moment to assist.

I didn't make the system. I don't like the system. But I recognize that it doesn't always matter what I think: it's sometimes best that I just go with the flow.

-Nate

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think it's safe to stop and assist ... if you have a dozen of your best friends, armed, wearing body armor, and you have a clear view around the area for a few miles in every direction.

Then you can crack the window to let the person provide the number they want you to call.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    i leave the door open, car running and looking around, always use the outer pump, I use my car's paint reflection to scan any movement behind me. Why I leave the door open? so it's less obvious where my draw hand (tinted windows) will be but I can see theirs.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    i leave the door open, car running and looking around, always use the outer pump, I use my car's paint reflection to scan any movement behind me. Why I leave the door open? so it's less obvious where my draw hand (tinted windows) will be but I can see theirs.
    Leave the car running while you are pumping gas?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Driving to work this morning, I caught an Atlanta area airwave news station reporting the carjacking of a woman in the Atlanta Hartsfield Metro Airport parking economy lot,(https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...and-her-car-is-stolen-outside-atlanta-airport)
    three teens one just 13 approached her it is alleged with a sop story and when she rolled her window down to talk to them, they pulled her out of her car, beat her (A$$) pretty good and tyhen she-daisied off with her car.

Poor things.

Aw yes, an airport. Where (as Guy pointed out last night) there are people with guns, and they wear distinctive uniforms. In the "economy lot" (code for, you can't see the terminal from here) you have the people who can't be armed because they are about to enter the area with only distinctively uniformed folk who are armed.

A number of years back there were big problems with Florida rental cars getting targeted (bumper tag then rob them when they get out, from airport=not armed) leaving the airport (Miami I think) since rentals had "Sunshine State" tags vice the plates with the county. Seems like the "she-daisiers" in Fulton County are working the inbound side of the same opportunity.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Aw yes, an airport. Where (as Guy pointed out last night) there are people with guns, and they wear distinctive uniforms. In the "economy lot" (code for, you can't see the terminal from here) you have the people who can't be armed because they are about to enter the area with only distinctively uniformed folk who are armed.

A number of years back there were big problems with Florida rental cars getting targeted (bumper tag then rob them when they get out, from airport=not armed) leaving the airport (Miami I think) since rentals had "Sunshine State" tags vice the plates with the county. Seems like the "she-daisiers" in Fulton County are working the inbound side of the same opportunity.

The rental car issue was indeed a big problem. If I remember correctly a couple of German tourists were killed during one of these bumper tag episodes. At the time all of the rental cars had a sticker in the back window with their logo so you knew that it was a rental car, it made it very handy for the bad guys to identify the non-locals. I believe they actually passed a law that said there could be no identifying marks on the exterior of rentals after that.

Top Bottom