• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It is Father’s Day and hot. We mowed the grass this morning and sprayed weeds. The Glock 42 slid so easily into the the front pocket of my cargo shorts while outside. Just got showered up and put on a clean T-shirt which is a welcome change from a tucked in polo that I normally sport. Did I mention it is hot, perfect day to take the family to lunch and catch a movie. Now the dilemma!!!! That little Glock slipped onto my belt so easily and just disappears under the comfy T-shirt. I caught myself and grabbed the 1911 and a cover shirt, what was I thinking? Hot! Then I popped the Walther PPS on the belt, 9mm baby! But that little G42 is so easy.

Help me INGO I am about the falter. .380 is devil.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Quick, go get a new G43 before lunch and the movie. Then you basically have the carry comfort of the 42, but in 9mm.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Meh, G19 IWB on belt same as yesterday. Home today so I "sold out," not carrying the extra mags.

"Concealed" with t-shirt both days. Six hours outside in the afternoon yesterday, a couple today.

What if the reason you actually need your gun is at 40-50 yards, shooting towards you and yours with a long gun?

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    It is Father’s Day and hot. We mowed the grass this morning and sprayed weeds. The Glock 42 slid so easily into the the front pocket of my cargo shorts while outside. Just got showered up and put on a clean T-shirt which is a welcome change from a tucked in polo that I normally sport. Did I mention it is hot, perfect day to take the family to lunch and catch a movie. Now the dilemma!!!! That little Glock slipped onto my belt so easily and just disappears under the comfy T-shirt. I caught myself and grabbed the 1911 and a cover shirt, what was I thinking? Hot! Then I popped the Walther PPS on the belt, 9mm baby! But that little G42 is so easy.

Help me INGO I am about the falter. .380 is devil.
    Well, I don't feel "under-armed" while carrying my G42. I would not want to stop a .380 ACP round.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I do the same thing, normally carry a hk p30, or g17. When it gets this hot out though the ruger lcr comes out or the g43, g43 came out today.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I got up and the wife and daughter made me breakfast. I dressed in shorts and my new Arc’teryx polo they got me for Fathers Day, and donned my G19, pocketed an Arredondo G19+5, and slipped another G19 factory +2 in an IWB mag carrier, grabbed the range bag and went to the range. HOT, HOT, HOT, made it through a couple of drills, about 100 rds. before it was called BLACK on the wet bulb. Changed back to carry mags, and went to lunch with ice cream after. Still wearing the G19, all the accouterments, and sitting outside sipping ice cold bourbon and lemonade(not mixed, lemonade chaser) and enjoying life. Sold out the 1911 years ago, but only slipped to .380 when my inner James Bond comes out and I used to own a PPK and Sig 230. Its all about how you dress, and what you dress in, the Arc’teryx polo is moisture wicking and the shorts are TAD in a quick dry tech fabric. It’s super hotmid out, but the proper clothing and carry gear allows me to carry a decent sized pistol in relative comfort. The reason I gimped on the range, sweat dripping into my shooting glasses lenses. Carry a real gun as often as humanly possible.

Virch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2018
    Greenville
    I carried my 642 IWB while doing yard work. Have it stoked with 2 rounds of snake shot and 3 LSWCHPs. It was so easy to carry you could almost forget it was there.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Forgive me Ingo for I have sinned. I wanted to wear shorts today, so I couldnt ankle carry my shield 9mm like usual, and the shorts I wanted were too tight for IWB, so I pocket carried an LCP custom in my brown leather pocket holster. I feel your pain.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Forgive me Ingo for I have sinned. I wanted to wear shorts today, so I couldnt ankle carry my shield 9mm like usual, and the shorts I wanted were too tight for IWB, so I pocket carried an LCP custom in my brown leather pocket holster. I feel your pain.

#metoo

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I carry the G43 in a pocket holster while in my jammies. It's quite the compromise, but 8 rounds should likely get me to the nearby G19 or G34/x300.

I also have frequently confirmed where the 147gr HST's hit at 40-50 yards, from my hands.

Top Bottom