• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My question... and a separate one from the IKEA thread. How far are you willing to go to say things need to change when incidents happen? An obviously LEO posted that 80+ NDs resulting in injury or death occur in Marion County alone each year. Yet, an idiot with poor carry choices drops a gun that a kid fired, no one is hurt, and half of you want him prosecuted for lesser laws that don’t exist, but you believe should?????!?!?

Why are half the people reacting as if we need to change current laws, or introduce new ones to punish this guy in this rare circumstance? Are you really OK with more laws anytime an un or under precisented situation arises? What happened to government staying out of our lives? Idiot made a “knucklehead” carry choice. The idiot will be shamed and feel terrible for ever. Others learn from the situation and slowly fix the internal issue with the culture.

Do you really want to set a precedent that more laws or changing current laws are necessary every time an issue arises from some *******, so we can “protect the kids”?

What happened to shall not infringe?

He, we and thousands learned from his mistakes (forgive my hatred for the Oxford comma). No one was hurt. Why meddle in a good thing just to punish an idiot who made a poor decision?

He didn’t recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally performs an act that creates a substantial risk of bodily injury to another person, did he?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A lot of the same points and questions I asked in the original thread. Rights come with responsibilities, but there's always someone who will be stupid and irresponsible and there's always going to be people who have made the right decision ten thousand times but screw up once. That's not a reason to form Gun Owners Demand Action and try to think of new ways to restrict all gun owners.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Typical knee jerk reactions that are unfortunately a sign of the times.
    I have caught (or been caught doing) the very same things when emotions rise up above common sense.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I am in favor abolishing ALL gun laws save for Article I Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution and amendment 2 of the Constitution of the united States.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Typical knee jerk reactions that are unfortunately a sign of the times.
    I have caught (or been caught doing) the very same things when emotions rise up above common sense.

I will admit the same! I have thought before, what if we just had mandatory training for new LTCH holders? Then I think for a moment and round house kick myself in the face.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    A lot of the same points and questions I asked in the original thread. Rights come with responsibilities, but there's always someone who will be stupid and irresponsible and there's always going to be people who have made the right decision ten thousand times but screw up once. That's not a reason to form Gun Owners Demand Action and try to think of new ways to restrict all gun owners.

But, but, but, it won't restrict ALL gun owners. Just those that rubes that disagree with my enlightened carry preferences....

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I will admit the same! I have thought before, what if we just had mandatory training for new LTCH holders? Then I think for a moment and round house kick myself in the face.

Got video of that kick, I would like to see that! :D

I am there with ya... I have been a range officer and I have sold guns over the counter. When I think of the stupid things I have seen, part of me says "maybe we need some sort of mandatory training".

But then the Libertarian side of me Gibbs slaps the back of my head and I remember how insane the government is already, I don't want or need any more insanity. I am torn.

When it all boils down to it, I think it all comes to these wise words....."Stupid is as stupid does".

Although isn't it interesting that firearms owners are expected to be perfect. Automobile drivers have wrecks and kill people every single day of this year.....no giant protests about that. People who use knifes hurt themselves "pull rhinos....ask me how I know" and kill others every single day this year.....no giant protests about that either. Interesting how those people can be killed and it does not seem to matter.....but when a gun is involved, the apocalypse is just around the corner.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I believe that it should not be illegal to punch a dumbass in the face when they do stupid ****.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I believe that it should not be illegal to punch a dumbass in the face when they do stupid ****.
    Maybe this is just what EVERYTHING boils down to. And where everything went wrong, when we stopped doing it.
    Now it's the age of tolerance.

I called for him to be prosecuted because I thought that was the law honestly. And yep, I was pissed too because it seems like the idiots who own guns give us all a bad name. Mind blown finding out that nope, no real law violation for being an idiot and losing control of your gun. The kid finding it and firing it aside. The act of carrying it like a fool and losing it like a fool is what I was concerned with.
    I dont want to see anymore laws really. However I could see forcing someone to attend a firearms safety class if they are a habituall idiot with a gun or the level of stupid rides to a set level.
    People lose their gun rights every day. Lets not pretend it doesnt happen and even for unfair and stupid reasons in my opinion.

Whatever the answer is its probably never best solved with politicians because they are the dumbest smartest people on earth

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    But, but, but, it won't restrict ALL gun owners. Just those that rubes that disagree with my enlightened carry preferences....

YES! And your enlightened preferences will carry the day, because the enlightened special few will be in charge forever.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I am extremely concerned about setting a precedent for pocket carry being, in and of itself, felony criminal recklessness.

The problem is that we live in a narrative- and outrage-driven society and every one of these minor incidents now becomes a national-scale outrage story. We are in the midst of a coordinated effort to build a narrative of gun owners as irresponsible white male dopes who are putting everyone in danger by existing, even when we aren't murdering people for no reason. Pay attention and take it seriously. Unfortunately, we can only keep our own houses in order, and as long as there are stupid people there will be fuel for the enemy to build their narrative.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I just read the Ikea story busy week. First thought out of my mind, kid is 6 years old, in my opinion not too young to have learned gun safety, might have made all the difference in the world here. Doesn't the NRA have age appropriate instruction for schools? Perhaps legislation to teach Gun Safety?

Top Bottom