• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    From the People's Republic of Connecticut: https://fxn.ws/2MTCAt7.
    Sumpter was working at a Dunkin’ Donuts in Norwalk last October when he was jumped by three males. During the assault, Sumpter stabbed one of them in the leg.
    “I was defending myself,” Sumpter said during the hearing.
    Judge John Blawie told Sumpter that he believed his version of events, but had to follow the letter of the law.

Glad we don't have to worry about this bravo sierra in Indiana - it's a shame that other states do not recognize an individual's right to life (ergo, right to defend).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Juror printcraft votes to acquit.

I don't care about the timing. Sumpter would not have been in that situation had they not attacked him.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I should have dug in farther...the Fox News article links to the Connecticut Post article:
    After being assaulted inside the coffee shop, Sumpter ran outside and stabbed one of the men.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Once the dirtbags walk away, it's over; be a good witness and help the police solve the crime; don't dig yourself a hole.

I still have a difficult time believing that the judge couldn't have sentenced with a little more leniency (Or that he wasn't able to plead down to a misdemeanor). It's a shame that he will now have a felony following him around.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Glad we don't have to worry about this bravo sierra in Indiana - it's a shame that other states do not recognize an individual's right to life (ergo, right to defend).​

Don't bet the farm, hoss.

When not in danger, hard sell on self-defense when one must run out to meet the "threat".​

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    There's always more to the story...:whistle:

Victim of Norwalk assault gets 18 months for not retreating

Felony first-degree assault does seem harsh though.

KNEW there had to be more than this. No different than the pharmacist in Oklahoma that put two more into the robber he'd already shot after he came back in the store after chasing one of the other robbers down the street.

I agree with the sentiment but unfortunately they both went too far.

Top Bottom