• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    So as to not highjack the other thread, tell your gun-dropping story here! Let me start;

I not only dropped my gun into the toilet, I peed on it too! If that's not bad enough, in 40 years of packing heat I've done it twice!

I witnessed this event. My brother dropped a loaded .22 rifle onto a concrete floor with only vinyl tile on it. The rifle discharged. Upon inspection, and finding no firing pin mark on the empty cartridge at all, we concluded that shock was transmitted through the chamber enough to set off the rimfire primer without pinching it in any way. WTF? True story.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I've had no AD's but several times leaning my shotgun against a tree, the wind has blown and moved the tree, or the dog ran by, really messed up crossing a fence once and dropped the gun on the other side of the fence while trying to lay it down.

I've always been paranoid about bathrooms and firearms,

I did get injured by an ar-15. I opened the safe and it toppled out and the front sight post hit the middle of my middle toe and broke it. I was too scared to go to the doctor so I taped it to the other toe, and not being a medic I taped it crooked and now I have a crooked toe

I've dropped pistols while unloading them and broke a front sight

that's it so far

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was running in my brand new Sa Trophy match 1911. The RO at the range we frequent was hovering around us and pretty much being a nuisance. He had come up behind me and I was not aware he was there. Very close. I finished the mag when the slide locked and was turning to put the gun on the back bench. He did not move and I ran into him. The gun was jostled from my hand and hit the ground. It broke the rear adjustable site. What happened after that is not for discussion.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Yep. One of my Cimarron Thunderers. Tile floor in a public crapper. Put a ding in the crown of the muzzle. It was loaded with five so no other mishap other than REALLY ticking me off.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I picked up a used Ruger Mark I some years ago and as I gathering the merchandise off of the seat when I got home I stuck the handgun in my back pocket to free up a hand. To close the truck door I took a step back and stepped in a muddy rut next to the drive. I stumbled a bit and the gun came out of my pocket and landed in the rut. Before I regained my footing I had stepped on my newly acquired prize and squished down into the mud.
    :n00b:

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    I've dropped at least three holstered pistols while removing them from my pants. I also had, very important had, a holster that while getting in to a vehicle the firearm was knocked out of the holster tumbling to the parking lot. Last time I strapped that one on.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Dropped a ppk on my back porch.. scratched the side up because cement.. i dont really remember why it happened now it was forever ago.

my bud dropped my .22 on gravel. Leaned it up against the truck to answer his phone while we were packing up so it wasnt loaded, just lame.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yep, helped disassemble another Officers prized IMPD Glock-19 his father carried in a LGS parking lot before we took it in to shoot, somehow after clearing it and taking the slide off, OPPPS, it slipped out of my hands and hit the asphalt, I said whoops, sorry and snatched it back up GTG, no worries, but had it scratched, damaged, or cracked his slide, I would have felt like doodie.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    About 15 years ago< i was duck hunting with my brand new Benelli Nova. As we were wading in not quite chest deep water, I dropped the shotgun. I ended up stripping down and diving in to retrieve it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I dropped my XDm while at a class in an indoor range. The drill was to draw and shoot 2, then switch to the support hand and shoot 2 more. I flubbed the transfer and the pistol hit the floor. No damage but scary. I didn't try to grab it which surprised me.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My Glock 19 was knocked out of my holster on my hand rail on my outside stairs at home.
    It's an older house with steep stairs and narrow.
    Perfect width and height to pop it right of the holster.
    It was fully loaded and tumbled down the stairs in slow motion end over end.
    I puckered up inside out hoping it wasn't going to discharge when it landed on the concrete landing.
    It put a small dimple on the slide on the side about an inch behind the front sight.
    Less than a week later the hand rail nudged the 19 again.
    I had my brother in law put in new and wider stairs not long after.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Winter morning, black ice on the driveway. Walking out to the garage in the dark. Coffee mug in one hand, holstered Kimber TLE II under the other arm. Hit the ice, coffee and pistol went flying. Broke the mainspring housing and damaged the ignition group. Ended up rebuilding it, actually AllenM did that part. Ended up with a much nicer pistol when it was all done.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/282924-dropped-damaged-my-kimber.html

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Never dropped a gun, but I did come extremely close to suffering major eye damage while trying to install an AR hammer with a slave pin instead of running my punch through both sides of the receiver like I normally do. No eyepro, thought it was in place securely, craned my head over the top of the lower receiver to look and it let go. Got a nice hole in my face right under my eyebrow.

Top Bottom