• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanprivate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2018
    San Jose
    Greetings. I will be visiting Fort Wayne for Labor Day weekend to attend a wedding. I plan on carrying my weapon for the duration of my visit. Can any residents give some tips on do’s and don’ts? Anything I need to know or prepare for?

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Greetings. I will be visiting Fort Wayne for Labor Day weekend to attend a wedding. I plan on carrying my weapon for the duration of my visit. Can any residents give some tips on do’s and don’ts? Anything I need to know or prepare for?

Good morning Ryan, and welcome to INGO. Indiana honors all other state permits/licenses.

for more specifics, visit:

Handgunlaw.us

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    What are the venues for the wedding and reception?

I conceal carry nearly everywhere in Fort Wayne. Signs do not have the force of law so read the laws for truly illegal places (schools, courthouse, etc.). Otherwise just stay concealed and enjoy the weekend. Generally a safe town and the bad neighborhoods are reasonably isolated and you probably won't be near them.

ryanprivate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2018
    San Jose
    Good morning Ryan, and welcome to INGO. Indiana honors all other state permits/licenses.

for more specifics, visit:

Handgunlaw.us

Thank you for the resource.

What are the venues for the wedding and reception?

I conceal carry nearly everywhere in Fort Wayne. Signs do not have the force of law so read the laws for truly illegal places (schools, courthouse, etc.). Otherwise just stay concealed and enjoy the weekend. Generally a safe town and the bad neighborhoods are reasonably isolated and you probably won't be near them.

I don't think there's a venue. I think it's a home wedding. Bride is my wife's cousin. I intend on taking my two-year-old to the zoo and similar activities. I was just wondering if there are any restrictions regarding places for kids.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I don't think there's a venue. I think it's a home wedding. Bride is my wife's cousin. I intend on taking my two-year-old to the zoo and similar activities. I was just wondering if there are any restrictions regarding places for kids.

Zoo is not illegal, just against their policy. The worse they can do if someone sees your gun is ask you to leave. So just keep it well concealed so you don't scare any mommies or the sheep in the farm exhibit. Checked the area Facebook 2A group and they voiced similar experiences this summer.

The tricky one on restrictions for kids is licensed daycares. Some churches have daycares in them so the laws can get tricky. Sounds like you dodged that bullet with the home wedding.

Hope you and the kiddo have a good time.

IANAL

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The Fort Wayne zoo is a great place and I was just there.

Might want to check the feeding schedule of the giraffe's. The really cool (for kids of most ages) monkey cage (err..enclosure) is under renovations.

They search bags but not your person. Stay well concealed and I wouldn't expect issues.

Fort Wayne is a very safe city.

I did not remove my CCW before entering.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I open carry about 50% of the time in Fort Wayne and hardly anyone bats and eye.

CC at the zoo or at Glenbrook mall and you'll be just fine.

If you happen to see one of the rare "no guns" sign at a business (like the mall or movie theaters), just chuckle and keep on walking in.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So...California.....

Are you a permanent resident of CA and/or do you have a license/permit to carry a gun from anywhere. I only ask because Indiana will honor out of state carry licenses but Indiana won't let you carry without a license like some states do with open carry. (I think some states still do this)

And I ask because nobody else did.

If you don't then please ignore most of what was just said in this thread.

BTW- Is there even a "FORT" in Fort Wayne? If not, why would you name a city after a Fort if there never was one?

ryanprivate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2018
    San Jose
    So...California.....

Are you a permanent resident of CA and/or do you have a license/permit to carry a gun from anywhere. I only ask because Indiana will honor out of state carry licenses but Indiana won't let you carry without a license like some states do with open carry. (I think some states still do this)

And I ask because nobody else did.

If you don't then please ignore most of what was just said above.

BTW- Is there even a "FORT" in Fort Wayne? If not, why would you name a city after a Fort if there never was one?

Yes, I am a permanent resident of California. I have a permit from CA, AZ, FL and NH. Based on the CCW app, I'm covered in 36 states.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Yes, I am a permanent resident of California. I have a permit from CA, AZ, FL and NH. Based on the CCW app, I'm covered in 36 states.

Cool. Now how the hell did you get a CA permit?
    I know the courts have been going back and forth but I lived there for a long time and the only people that got permits were "friends" of the judge or they had their life threatened in a court in front of a judge. Or something this extreme.

ryanprivate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2018
    San Jose
    Cool. Now how the hell did you get a CA permit?
    I know the courts have been going back and forth but I lived there for a long time and the only people that got permits were "friends" of the judge or they had their life threatened in a court in front of a judge. Or something this extreme.

Unless you're from a handful of counties in CA, most sheriffs are shall-issue. San Francisco, Santa Clara (Silicon Valley), Los Angeles, San Diego, etc are full of libtards. San Diego's sheriff, Bill Gore from the Ruby Ridge incident, was very anti-2A. He recently changed his stance and is now issuing permits. I think he issued about 1500 so far. He was also the defendant in Peruta v. San Diego regarding CCW that went to the 9th Circuit. We, initially, won the case but an en banc panel reheard the case and upheld the lower court's ruling.

de8cfec7b866045d4d5fc2440ad04598.png

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Unless you're from a handful of counties in CA, most sheriffs are shall-issue. San Francisco, Santa Clara (Silicon Valley), Los Angeles, San Diego, etc are full of libtards. San Diego's sheriff, Bill Gore from the Ruby Ridge incident, was very anti-2A. He recently changed his stance and is now issuing permits. I think he issued about 1500 so far. He was also the defendant in Peruta v. San Diego regarding CCW that went to the 9th Circuit. We, initially, won the case but an en banc panel reheard the case and upheld the lower court's ruling.

Thank You!
    That's great that they are "Kindof" issuing there. That state is still dead to me.

Oh... and Bill Gore is a dick. :xmad:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Sure is. I can see part of the fort from my office. Named after General Mad Anthony Wayne who served in the Revolutionary War and then some Indiana conflicts thereafter.

795px-Fort_Wayne_-_22.jpg

Look! A Fort. :rockwoot:

Apparently I need to visit that to say I've been there.

Now who keeps thread-jacking here?
    Move along, nothing to see.
    Back to your regularly scheduled program.

So ryanprivate, any cute bridesmaids at this wedding? :naughty:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    If you happen to see one of the rare "no guns" sign at a business (like the mall or movie theaters), just chuckle and keep on walking in.

Ain't that the truth...I can't remember the last time I didn't have something on me in a theater...or elsewhere!

I believe in 'Murphy's Law'...I am prepared, therefore I will never need it! Which goes along with the old adage, 'It's better to be safe than sorry!'

In Fort Wayne, other than a few shady parts of town, I doubt you'll have any issues.

Smart to ask though... great questions!

Top Bottom