• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I will be attending an Indians game tomorrow for the first time in years. Do they have metal detectors as part of security?

There will be off duty police officers in our group, but I don’t want to be the one chump getting us hung up at security because I’m not state-approved. I’ll just leave it in the car if that’s the case I suppose.

Thanks in advance INGO!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Have your wife make a big deal of them digging thru her purse. Casually roll yours eyes in mock exasperation, and get waved right in by security.

Only been to a few games, but works every time.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Concealed mean concealed. I carried right in on July 4th while carrying. They took a peak in my wifes bag but didn't dig around or anything. Just a quick visual peak and we were on our way

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Been there twice since I started carrying, got right through because ESG [STRIKE]just doesn't care[/STRIKE] hasn't been told to bring / use their metal detectors.

Had a good chat about the changes in "security" procedures at other Indy venues before season began and was told that for the known future things would not change. Like the Fair Board, I expect this to be season to season. Because they haven't mucked it up, they will continue to get my money...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Had a good chat about the changes in "security" procedures at other Indy venues before season began and was told that for the known future things would not change. Like the Fair Board, I expect this to be season to season. Because they haven't mucked it up, they will continue to get my money...
    The Indians must not be ran by freedom hating people. You can go to an Indians game and feel the love for America. Unlike the fair, zoo, and NFL, and Pacers where they hate freedom.

Reactions: RCB

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Last game I went to, I carried in the timeless fanny pack. I was not searched, and walked right through. They did look in my wife's [STRIKE]saddle bag[/STRIKE] purse.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Yeah no metal detectors but my wife had pepper spray in her purse and the "security guards" wouldn't let her in because God forbid a woman has an ability to defend herself downtown....anyways she went to a different line and placed the pepper spray in her pocket and got in.

Nobody got pepper sprayed while she was there either.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Thanks everyone for the responses and the anecdotes.

“Feel good” security is the worst. Glad to see some places still allow law abiding citizens to do their law abiding stuff.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    The Indians must not be ran by freedom hating people. You can go to an Indians game and feel the love for America. Unlike the fair, zoo, and NFL, and Pacers where they hate freedom.

The Indians are part of the MiLB. Same rules appply as the MLB. Victory Field is owned by the same "people" that own the Concention Center, Banker's Life, and Lucas Oil. Not aure why it hasn't changed, but I expect it to at some point.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.

The Indians are part of the MiLB. Same rules appply as the MLB. Victory Field is owned by the same "people" that own the Concention Center, Banker's Life, and Lucas Oil. Not aure why it hasn't changed, but I expect it to at some point.

Which is why I ended my post with my statement...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    ALL Major League sports hate guns and freedom, it’s just that FOR NOW, the Indians need the fans in the seats, so “security” is on low. The more of these threads that pop up, the less chance for next year. Deer Cre/Veri/Klip/Ruoff used to be simple stuff, more folks “chimed” in. Now, they wand, (its a Live Nation thing) and I can STILL carry a gun inside. But the more that it’s published the more they will do. Go, enjoy yourselves, but the endless posting of how and where will eventually lead you to be disarmed.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Thanks everyone for the responses and the anecdotes.

“Feel good” security is the worst. Glad to see some places still allow law abiding citizens to do their law abiding stuff.

VF doesn't "allow" carry - it is against their policy to bring weapons into the park. As of yet, they just haven't seen the need to pay for more security, and they've possibly decided that increasing the hassle factor would hurt attendance.

BKahuna

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2017
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Went to a game last week. My buddies left their carry pieces in the vehicle "just in case". I carried my P99c in, concealed, for a similar reason: "just in case". No pat downs or metal detectors. Just walked right in, like it should be. Enjoyed a nice afternoon at the ball park.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom