Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Uhhh... well, if I was an officer in a situation where it was literally life or death, and in a bad spot, I'd welcome the help from anybody...
    Yep. I'd like to think this incident followed similar dialog to this...

Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Uhhh... well, if I was an officer in a situation where it was literally life or death, and in a bad spot, I'd welcome the help from anybody... but not so much wanting random people to start engaging suspects side by side if the situation isn't especially dire (which I assume this one was).
    One officer suffered multiple hits.
    So...
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    My worry would be that the citizen is mistaken for another bad guy. Would probably never get involved in police business myself.

Of course automatic fire from bad guys changes everything. This was obviously an extraordinary situation.
    You know, when the news refers to an "automatic weapon", they usually (always) are referring to an "automatic" vs. a "revolver", and that the "automatic" is a SEMI-automatic.
    They just hope everyone thinks people are running around with FULL autos. It helps push the gun control narrative.
    Of course, I could be wrong. But after watching the news for decades, I haven't been wrong on this yet.
    Automatic refers to "semi-auto".
    Then, to confuse people more, they made up a term, "Full Semi-Automatic".

Any pistol is a "glock".
    Any long gun is an "AR-15" or an "AK-47", or a mixture of those letters/numbers, even if it's a shotgun.

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

Actaeon - act'-tee-on

User Info Menu

Also, I could be wrong, but it seems to me that Indiana police are trained to NOT shoot just anybody with a gun. They seem to "evaluate".

So, don't point the gun at the police, or anywhere in their direction, point it at the bad guy, and your chance of being shot goes down.

If you are seriously worried about being shot by them, it's probably not a good idea to have a gun in your house, or concealed carry. Cause concealed is not invisible. They can see it.
    And people have been shot in their own home by police, in a few instances, though I think they were not in this state.

If we were in one of the anti-gun states, I'd be more worried.

Actaeon - act'-tee-on

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Hope the officer makes a full recovery. Need more stories report such as this. Perhaps the good people of Illinois will some day tear down the wall and restore freedom and liberty.
    It is moving the opposite direction, but maybe in 100 years.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by breakingcontact View Post
    It is moving the opposite direction, but maybe in 100 years.
    I don't think so. Don't let the loud minority fool you into thinking they are the majority.
    "Research just slows the funny down." - Dr.Midnight

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    I don't think so. Don't let the loud minority fool you into thinking they are the majority.
    They are getting a Democrat governor real soon.

Only advantage there is they get to own the mess both parties have made.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

no no no wait ...

I'll just wait for more info you all got this one surrounded.
    "Brother" Bill - BB3 - Information Analyst, Indiana Moms Against Gun Control

User Info Menu

Good Samaritan who has a concealed carry license pointed his gun and fired three shots striking the suspect.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/09...t-think-twice/
    "It is a good thing that we do not get as much government as we pay for." - Will Rogers

User Info Menu

Do journalists that report positively on guns get black listed like meteorologists that deny "man made" global warming?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast