• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I read Trump signed HR 5895, the VA and Corp bill. I browsed and found firearms are now allowed in Corp land.
    TITLE I--CORPS OF ENGINEERS--CIVIL
    (Sec. 109) Permits individuals to possess firearms at Corps of Engineers water resources development projects if: (1) the individual is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing the firearm, and (2) the possession of the firearm complies with the law of the state in which the project is located. (The Corps of Engineers currently prohibits private individuals from possessing firearms and other weapons at the projects unless the weapons are being used for hunting, at authorized shooting ranges, or with written permission of the Corps District Commander.)

Anyone else read about this? I have wanted this to happen so long, but I don't think I will ever get tired of winning..:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is good news. I camp at Lake Monroe a lot (and actually got a verbal warning from a very nice Conservation Officer about my handgun while there recently). Nice to know I'll be able to carry without worrying about it now. Never made much sense to me anyhow since they allowed hunting with firearms already.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Great news! I've been avoiding ACoE properties for a while now, after getting turned down by the office in Louisville a couple of years in a row. When does it take effect?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That is unexpectedly good news. I'm at Monroe and the surrounding area all the time.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    On another board they’re saying the final engrossed version sent to Trump doesn’t contain the Sec 109 wording, although the summary still has it. It appears to have been deleted in a final substitution of the bill.

I'm on my phone and it is too hard to look up stuff like this. Any body game to research ?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Digging around... Looks like the Senate amended the firearms part out.

Bastiges.

Appears in the Placed on Calendar Senate, but not then in the Engrossed Amendment Senate.

Top Bottom