Community member brought a gun onto school campus.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IcemanIND

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 29, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Back when I was delivering pizzas, I may or may not have had a firearm in my glovebox as I made deliveries to the school. Would have been a class B felony.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Before that law was changed the office would always ask me why I parked across the street when I would have to pick the kids up early, come in to help the class or have lunch with me kids. I just say I need the exercise.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Wish there was more info. Sounds like a habitual carrier (either OC or CC but exposed in the car) got out of the car without thinking of it and remembered before getting too far and fessed up to the teacher but not before being seen by the student who told someone. That sucks but is why you cannot get complacent. The "see something say something" mantra did nothing helpful here.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    Well, Auto shop class has been canceled since (and that was the rumor). People are often coming and going from the garage area so I'd suspect someone simply neglected to unholster, took a few, to more than a few steps while carrying. The teacher likely told the guy to put "it" away and that would be where the protocol was not followed. I hope someone sits the kid down and explains how felony charges can ruin a man and maybe even a little bit about constitutional rights and why we have the second amendment.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    no..no...
    the smowflake snitch will be given a 'see something' yrophy for reporting the incident. s/he has done well for big brother and did not think just did as indoctrine. s/he will be a good worker.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    accidental felon.

That's what these gun laws do.
    If this person had intended to do harm, do you think he was stopped by "oh no! Guns aren't legal here!"

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    conways-law-2.jpg

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Wish there was more info. Sounds like a habitual carrier (either OC or CC but exposed in the car) got out of the car without thinking of it and remembered before getting too far and fessed up to the teacher but not before being seen by the student who told someone. That sucks but is why you cannot get complacent. The "see something say something" mantra did nothing helpful here.

I agree with everything except for the last sentence. A student saw someone walking toward the building with a firearm. Should he/she just continue walking blissfully away? Especially considering recent events, the kid did the right thing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I agree with everything except for the last sentence. A student saw someone walking toward the building with a firearm. Should he/she just continue walking blissfully away? Especially considering recent events, the kid did the right thing.

from what we know the kid saw the guy walking to the school buulding and also saw him put the sidearm back in the car and then walk back to the school building.

thus if the snitch had used reason/logic/actually was thinking s/he could have seen there was no incident here. but the kid is a product of big brother and did exaclty as a mindless drone would.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    from what we know the kid saw the guy walking to the school buulding and also saw him put the sidearm back in the car and then walk back to the school building.

thus if the snitch had used reason/logic/actually was thinking s/he could have seen there was no incident here. but the kid is a product of big brother and did exaclty as a mindless drone would.

Agree. From every account I have read, the kid reported the incident (to a parent who called it in, btw) long after it was established that there was no threat or malicious intent. This is exactly what should be expected when you send your kids to government indoctrination centers (public school).

Top Bottom