Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

If I should end up in one of these cities that is allowing this nonsense, I hope I'm in a rental with the extra insurance coverage. I'm going where my GPS tells me, not into some potential trap where some freak is directing me.

User Info Menu

Sounds like the market for taser suit has finally emerged.

A suit built with tasers pointing outward (perhaps without the projectiles). If no one tries to touch you, no problem. If they get close enough to touch, they feel the sting of the drive mode from the taser.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Hop

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Well, in Portland, a "right winger" using pepper spray against a "left winger", there will be no defense justifiable.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

Tired Of Winning

User Info Menu

I think it helpful to have all the tools available and training in their use. If you are gonna carry pepper spray, you should have training in it's use, including being sprayed yourself.

The same as with every other defense tool, you go out of your way NOT to use it. Keep in mind that the officials involved in the after of your pepper spray use may NOT agree that it was the best way to go. What will an assault conviction do to your proper person status for your LTCH???
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    If you are gonna carry pepper spray, you should have training in it's use, including being sprayed yourself.
    I've heard this opinion numerous times in regards to pepper spray and tasers, but we all seem to be fine carrying pistols without any expectation that we've experienced the effects.

I guess I'm not sure what the point would be.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

Tired Of Winning

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CampingJosh View Post
    I've heard this opinion numerous times in regards to pepper spray and tasers, but we all seem to be fine carrying pistols without any expectation that we've experienced the effects...
    Not all of us. There are a fair chunk of folks that have "been shot," "been incapacitated," "been killed" numerous times in FOF training. It's how you learn what you can do and what doesn't work.

Something that isn't common knowledge, except to those who have trained with pepper spray;
    You are more likely than not to end up with pepper spray in your own face also when using it. How do you deal with that? How long do you have before you are effectively blind also? How do you fight while effectively blind?
    Last edited by bwframe; 1 Week Ago at 00:38.
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

From a force continuum perspective, pepper spray usually seems to fall somewhere between soft hands techniques, and hard hands/impact weapons.

Some think of it as a the equivalent of a chemical eye poke.

In any event, I'd like to hear a definitive answer vis-a-vis Indiana law on justification for use.
    Last edited by cosermann; 1 Week Ago at 10:04.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    From a force continuum perspective, pepper spray usually seems to fall somewhere between soft hands techniques, and hard hands/impact weapons.

Some think of it as a the equivalent of a chemical eye poke.

In any event, I'd like to hear a definitive answer vis-a-vis Indiana law on justification for use.
    Don't rely on the WAY outdated Continuum to judge force and I'm not sure there is a definitive answer for OC use in Indiana.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

User Info Menu

Frag out !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast