Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Marion County Laws vs IC?

I have a good friend (IN resident) who is looking to put a bid on a house in Marion County and he asked me about any different laws around firearm possession, carry, and blade laws. Told him that I wasn't aware of any difference, but I also don't live in Marion County.

Am I correct that IC trumps County and Local law over these, therefore no difference if he moves? Believe I'm right, but I also like to check!
    Last edited by GNRPowdeR; 10-13-2018 at 14:25. Reason: Clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Objective standards are meaningless if people are not held to them.
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36 NIV

User Info Menu

LTCH, NO problem, as far as I know .....

We, have a preemption law, no small city or town, NOT to have different law .....

Just be careful, downtown, lots of no carry "zones" .....
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Donald J Trump, is MY President .....

You, can't HANDLE, the TRUTH !!!!!

YOU, want ME on THAT wall,

YOU NEED, ME on THAT wall .....

User Info Menu

I'm aware of Children's Museum, State House stuff, and courthouses... Been told about hospitals, but haven't seen for myself. Am I missing anything?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36 NIV

User Info Menu

I think preemption is only for firearms. I think knives are a different matter.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Act is correct, knives are very different and Marion County has some strange stuff.

Does he have specific questions?
    A bowl is most useful when empty. Lao-Tzu

User Info Menu

Mainly firearms, but he's starting to get into Shivworks stuff (blades and BJJ). Small, fixed defensive blades / push daggers are in the future.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tench Coxe
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blakstone
    It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Act is correct, knives are very different and Marion County has some strange stuff.

Does he have specific questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Concord View Post
    Strange stuff indeed.

SEC 451-1. (b) It shall be unlawful for any person to wear or carry in any public street or place, elevator, public vehicle or place of assemblage any hatpin, ornament or sharp or pointed object, which has an exposed point or edge of more than one-half () inch, unless the point or edge is protected with a guard so as to cover it and prevent injury to any person coming in contact therewith.
    Sec. 451-5. - Prohibition on replica firearm mobile phone cases.

(a) For purposes of this section, the term "replica firearm mobile phone cases" means a mobile phone case made of plastic, wood, metal or any other material, that a person could reasonably perceive as an actual firearm, but that is incapable of being fired or discharged.

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person to purchase, possess, conceal, use, give away or otherwise transfer, or to engage in the business of selling or to exhibit for sale, a replica firearm mobile phone case in the Consolidated City of Indianapolis and Marion County, except as provided in subsection (c) of this section.

(c) The manufacture, marketing, distribution, sale and possession of replica firearm mobile phone cases are permitted if the devices are manufactured, marketed, distributed, sold or held solely for subsequent transportation in intrastate, interstate or foreign commerce.

If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Strange stuff indeed.

Interesting about the cell phone cases. They always seemed stupid enough on their face to avoid them, but apparently people are stupid enough that it had to be legislated.

LP1
    Expert

User Info Menu

So much for my hatpin collection...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast