• GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Marion County Laws vs IC?

I have a good friend (IN resident) who is looking to put a bid on a house in Marion County and he asked me about any different laws around firearm possession, carry, and blade laws. Told him that I wasn't aware of any difference, but I also don't live in Marion County.

Am I correct that IC trumps County and Local law over these, therefore no difference if he moves? Believe I'm right, but I also like to check!

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    LTCH, NO problem, as far as I know .....

We, have a preemption law, no small city or town, NOT to have different law .....

Just be careful, downtown, lots of no carry "zones" .....

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I'm aware of Children's Museum, State House stuff, and courthouses... Been told about hospitals, but haven't seen for myself. Am I missing anything?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Mainly firearms, but he's starting to get into Shivworks stuff (blades and BJJ). Small, fixed defensive blades / push daggers are in the future.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Act is correct, knives are very different and Marion County has some strange stuff.

Does he have specific questions?

Strange stuff indeed.

SEC 451-1. (b) It shall be unlawful for any person to wear or carry in any public street or place, elevator, public vehicle or place of assemblage any hatpin, ornament or sharp or pointed object, which has an exposed point or edge of more than one-half (½) inch, unless the point or edge is protected with a guard so as to cover it and prevent injury to any person coming in contact therewith.

Sec. 451-5. - Prohibition on replica firearm mobile phone cases.

(a) For purposes of this section, the term "replica firearm mobile phone cases" means a mobile phone case made of plastic, wood, metal or any other material, that a person could reasonably perceive as an actual firearm, but that is incapable of being fired or discharged.

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person to purchase, possess, conceal, use, give away or otherwise transfer, or to engage in the business of selling or to exhibit for sale, a replica firearm mobile phone case in the Consolidated City of Indianapolis and Marion County, except as provided in subsection (c) of this section.

(c) The manufacture, marketing, distribution, sale and possession of replica firearm mobile phone cases are permitted if the devices are manufactured, marketed, distributed, sold or held solely for subsequent transportation in intrastate, interstate or foreign commerce.
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Sounds like if you want a gun shaped phone case for your cell phone that it better be able to actually fire a bullet! I see a new market opportunity here. :):

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm aware of Children's Museum, State House stuff, and courthouses... Been told about hospitals, but haven't seen for myself. Am I missing anything?

As far as I know the only hospital the law effects is Wishard (or ask a nazi) or whatever new name it might have, and that is because they have a jail ward. Feel free to correct me.

Top Bottom