• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Curious if anyone has used the BUGbite ankle holster. I’m in a wheelchair and a little round in the middle, so pocket carry and waist carry are not good options for me. That leaves shoulder harness or ankle carry as possible options, and ankle carry just seems simpler and less intrusive. My carry firearm is a Ruger LC9s. Interested in opinions of those with experience.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Ankle carry is great for while your sitting. As long as your pant cuff is easy to pull up fast. That's how I ankle carry my back-up when I do long drives.

Never even heard of the BUGbite ankle holster. I've always bought Galco for the ankle. The original with the sheep skin is so comfortable, I sometimes forget it's there. It's pricey but after trying all the rest, that's what I ended up with.

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    I use a bug bite every day—- work requires dress pants. —-it’s a very comfortable -stable platform. I use a glock 43 and mag in mine... I walk a lot and the bug bite stays fit..
    my only suggestion is make sure you double measure and order the proper size..

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    In a wheelchair you have several options for concealed carry. Moving in and out of a vehicle from a wheelchair while concealed is a different story.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Thanks for the input! Joniki, can you elaborate your comment about having several options? Maybe you have a suggestion I'm not aware of. Thanks again!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Thanks for the input! Joniki, can you elaborate your comment about having several options? Maybe you have a suggestion I'm not aware of. Thanks again!

Well...
    You could always holster these two under your seat....
    EBt8xgC.jpg

Or........

P0PXbNi.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have not worn one, but one member here as he said uses one daily, so it works for him and a nice G-43, others on the net have said they slip down with use, but as mentioned a good fit may be the key.
    Have you considered a fanny pack?
    I know many disabled wheel chair bound veterans do, or maybe some chest harness rig.
    Good luck.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I have not worn one, but one member here as he said uses one daily, so it works for him and a nice G-43, others on the net have said they slip down with use, but as mentioned a good fit may be the key.
    Have you considered a fanny pack?
    I know many disabled wheel chair bound veterans do, or maybe some chest harness rig.
    Good luck.

I have considered a chest harness. In my mind, a chest harness would be more likely to annoy me than ankle carry. The idea of a fanny pack doesn't excite me. I've been in a wheelchair 23 years and managed to avoid the fanny pack :)

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I have encountered several people who carry in a wheelchair. Most of them use a side pouch. I have also seen people mount a conventional holster to a tray that sits across the chair. As much as you use your arms, I would think a chest harness would be cumbersome.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I have encountered several people who carry in a wheelchair. Most of them use a side pouch. I have also seen people mount a conventional holster to a tray that sits across the chair. As much as you use your arms, I would think a chest harness would be cumbersome.

Thanks for the info! So with these methods, is the firearm actually attached to the chair instead of the person? I'm trying to avoid that. A person in a wheelchair is vulnerable to being dumped out of the chair, thus being separated from the firearm.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Yes.

Thanks for the info! So with these methods, is the firearm actually attached to the chair instead of the person? I'm trying to avoid that. A person in a wheelchair is vulnerable to being dumped out of the chair, thus being separated from the firearm.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I bought the BUGBite holster and thought I would share my experience wearing it and a few photos.

I comfortably wore the holster for 11 hours today and have to say I am very happy with my purchase. I had my wife take the photos and should have checked the position of the firearm first. It was slightly hanging out of the holster, which makes it more visible in the first photo. Once I tucked it back in, it was barely noticeable even if you knew it was there.

Like I said previously, I am happy with the purchase and would recommend it to anyone looking for an ankle carry option.

81490317-95F4-4885-BBD9-B29B0FDB5095.jpg A5FD8AC5-434A-49E8-B2C6-A616988D7791.jpg FD934C91-9959-421B-86A9-2786065AA76F.jpg

Top Bottom