Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    If I really thought that armoring up my child was necessary, there is no way my kid would be gathering with other kids in a GFZ unguarded by people with guns.
    Boom Mic Drop
    /Thread

User Info Menu

Pack packs are heavy when they are full of books. This added weight will be his daily burden.
    'Havok!' and let slip the dogs of war.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    Pack packs are heavy when they are full of books. This added weight will be his daily burden.
    With the right choices, a plate wouldn't be noticeable to any but the smallest kids. A Level III rated polymer rifle plate is bulky, but they don't weigh much. The books would help slow the projectile too. Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, it's only going to cover on side. Probably okay if they're running away with their back to the threat.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Iíve given this some serious consideration in the past couple years. I havenít done it yet, but for relatively little cost I donít see much of a downside. It may not be available in every situation at school, but it may save a life too.

Ark

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    Two or three math textbooks probably get you Level III ballistic protect as it is...

User Info Menu

Kids donít get textbooks anymore. Everything is on the ChromeBook.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3