• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Arrested for open carrying, not what you think.

This gentleman goes into pretty good detail about his incident along with how not to get shoot.

One of my concerns has always been when multiple officers are given you different commands what should you do. I know we’ve had LEO on INGO say they have training and protocols for these situations but that’s not always the case for some departments.

[video=youtube_share;bRAXEUjPWEw]http://youtu.be/bRAXEUjPWEw[/video]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    And yes, it would be nice if some departments started training officers on the desire to have ONE officer giving commands.

I was in a situation (I had been identified as a suspect in an armed bank robbery) where officers from 3 different departments were barking orders roughly counter to each other. I finally just froze and told them I wasn't moving until one person took charge. Seriously pissed them off but the trooper took control and I survived. I didnn't rob a bank.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I would not be face timing in a public place like that. Other than that well done.:yesway:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I was in a situation (I had been identified as a suspect in an armed bank robbery) where officers from 3 different departments were barking orders roughly counter to each other. I finally just froze and told them I wasn't moving until one person took charge. Seriously pissed them off but the trooper took control and I survived.
    I didnn't rob a bank.

Sure.
    That's what all bank robbers say. :rolleyes:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It may be an unwise to be yacking and fingerbanging your gun while sitting in your car in a public place. To a bystander that could just as easily be "yo this dude is getting ready to livestream some jihad at the Panara Bread".

Maybe it's just me, but I treat the gun and holster like they're welded together until I get back home. It shouldn't be out unless something serious is happening.

Contradictory instructions are a real problem. The police can and will talk you right into getting yourself shot in your confusion to comply, see Daniel Shaver. Anecdotally, I've heard people claim that police on traffic stops have told them to pick up guns and hand them to the officer. Ha, no, that's not going to happen and you shouldn't respond to nonsensical directions that are extremely likely to result in your death. A minor breakdown in communication between parties is all it takes, see also the security guard in Chicago who was shot on sight despite bystanders screaming at the police that he was security. Taking the time to communicate clearly, as he did, is a lot smarter than scrambling to do something because cops are pointing guns at you and yelling.

Still, though, could have been avoided by not waving his gun around in a car. Probably won't be doing that again.

CENTURIATOR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2018
    Saint Louis
    That was an excellent video! It really drove home the confusion about multiple commands! He handled this extremely well. I'm going to check out more of his videos. Love his style.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I was in a situation (I had been identified as a suspect in an armed bank robbery) where officers from 3 different departments were barking orders roughly counter to each other. I finally just froze and told them I wasn't moving until one person took charge. Seriously pissed them off but the trooper took control and I survived. I didnn't rob a bank.

Just an ATM?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It may be an unwise to be yacking and fingerbanging your gun while sitting in your car in a public place. To a bystander that could just as easily be "yo this dude is getting ready to livestream some jihad at the Panara Bread".

Maybe it's just me, but I treat the gun and holster like they're welded together until I get back home. It shouldn't be out unless something serious is happening.

Contradictory instructions are a real problem. The police can and will talk you right into getting yourself shot in your confusion to comply, see Daniel Shaver. Anecdotally, I've heard people claim that police on traffic stops have told them to pick up guns and hand them to the officer. Ha, no, that's not going to happen and you shouldn't respond to nonsensical directions that are extremely likely to result in your death. A minor breakdown in communication between parties is all it takes, see also the security guard in Chicago who was shot on sight despite bystanders screaming at the police that he was security. Taking the time to communicate clearly, as he did, is a lot smarter than scrambling to do something because cops are pointing guns at you and yelling.

Still, though, could have been avoided by not waving his gun around in a car. Probably won't be doing that again.

He kinda mentioned that. I didn't relisten to the whole thing, but around the 8 minute mark he kinda mentions it.

Top Bottom