• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Husband killed at sale of Xbox gone bad. From the story on concealed nation, bad guy buyer pulls gun demands Xbox, deceased husband pulls edc points it at buyer and says let's not do this, Bad guy shoots kills husband.

It appears he had plenty of time, bad guy unaware, then announces his position. Was it a case of lack of training? Refusal to believe? His Moral compass? That prevented him from taking appropriate action?

Thoughts?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The decision to try and reason with the threat ended poorly. There’s a time to talk, and there’s a time to shoot. If you mis-judge one, you may end up shot and/or dead.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    That's a sad situation. Poor training/mind set. If a gun comes out and you're the target, we're past the point of talking and reasoning

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I get that but maybe that thought made him hesitate.

Most likely thought of the gun as a talisman. He watched way the hell to Much TV.

No one will ever really know. If you fear judicial reprisal then just leave it at home. And it is not a talisman. Not an end all by just pointing it.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Maybe he didn't want years of court time and costs associated with lawsuits and such.

35qr8n.jpg

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    That's a sad situation. Poor training/mind set. If a gun comes out and you're the target, we're past the point of talking and reasoning
    This ^^
    Most likely thought of the gun as a talisman. He watched way the hell to Much TV.

No one will ever really know. If you fear judicial reprisal then just leave it at home. And it is not a talisman. Not an end all by just pointing it.
    This ^^
    To go from peaceful citizen, to killing someone, is a hurdle some are not prepared for.
    And this ^^

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Was on the car radio as I drove to work this morning, some nice lady, I think in Detroit was stabbed when she stopped to give cash to a so called homeless with kids sign holding street lizard whose maybe baby daddy Oxygen thief accomplice then tried to steel here purse.
    Car mounted flame throwers would be a nice option.

engi-ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    Columbus
    To go from peaceful citizen, to killing someone, is a hurdle some are not prepared for.

I would argue that shooting someone who points a gun at you is not mutually exclusive with being a peaceful citizen. Killing someone in self defense does not make you a violent person.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would argue that shooting someone who points a gun at you is not mutually exclusive with being a peaceful citizen. Killing someone in self defense does not make you a violent person.

I think you are confusing the "act" with the "person".
    Killing someone is "violence". Regardless of justification.
    Yes, that person can still be a "peaceful person".
    But it does not change the fact that the act of killing was violence.

engi-ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    Columbus
    On the contrary, that's exactly the distinction I was making. You seemed to be saying that killing someone somehow has an effect on your status as a "peaceful person," and I was pointing out that an act of violence in the interest of peace does not alter that status. Regardless, we appear to agree anyway.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    On the contrary, that's exactly the distinction I was making. You seemed to be saying that killing someone somehow has an effect on your status as a "peaceful person," and I was pointing out that an act of violence in the interest of peace does not alter that status. Regardless, we appear to agree anyway.

MANY arguments have happened between people "talking past" each other, yet almost saying exactly the same thing.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    You want my XBox and already have the drop on me? Fine. Take it. You try to take it by force without the visualization of a weapon? Now we can talk.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I get angry every time I see two two people with guns drawn trying to reason with each other on a movie or on TV.

I use it as mindset training to determine to be Han Solo and shoot first.

Tuco in the tub is good too.

Top Bottom