Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Clowes Memorial Hall carry

My wife and get friends are going to the nutcracker ballet at Clowes Memorial Hall tonight. Does anyone know if they have metal detectors at all? She would like to carry if possible, but if not she will just leave it locked in the car. Neither of us are familiar with the immediate area and how far they will have to walk or anything and she's pregnant so I want her to stay safe as possible. Thank you!

Plinker

User Info Menu

She went and had no issues carrying. I figured she wouldn't, but wasn't positive. Figured I would update for anyone else that may have the same question in the future!

User Info Menu

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

User Info Menu

The 1 and only time I have been there - Security was TIGHT. Metal detectors set up - quite serious men and women running things.

However - it was for the Marine Corps Band.

Jist of my post: Depends on who is there and the nature of the "show".
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Plinker

User Info Menu

That's good to know as well in case there is a different event there, otherwise I would not have expected any difference in security!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    The 1 and only time I have been there - Security was TIGHT. Metal detectors set up - quite serious men and women running things.

However - it was for the Marine Corps Band.

Jist of my post: Depends on who is there and the nature of the "show".
    That begs the question . . . why does that show need more security than a ballet?

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    That begs the question . . . why does that show need more security than a ballet?
    Is that some sort of Navy dis?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I can only assume it's because of... reasons?

Because .mil folks are a potential target to both far left-wingers and far right-wingers? I do not know, but also perhaps there were some other VIPs at the performance?
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.