Strange Robbery Attempt, Lafayette, Ind.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2Lucky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2018
    Notre Dame
    Article states "bullet resistant glass". Dont think I am going to work for $10 hour in a job that requires me to stand behind "bullet resistant glass"......just saying

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    All the strange stuff always happens in my old neighborhood on South 4th Street.

Man allegedly attempts to rob Shell station (4th and Romig) and is told "no". Robber leaves but shoots at Clerk. Projectile impact polymer encasement.

Alleged robber found with bullet wound to leg.

https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/501909571.html

So, did the robber ric one off the glass and hit himself?

I've had to deal with de-escalating potential trouble in the parking lot of that Shell station before. I should not have stopped there, but it looked nice because it was still new. Same neighborhood!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've had to deal with de-escalating potential trouble in the parking lot of that Shell station before. I should not have stopped there, but it looked nice because it was still new. Same neighborhood!

It is one of the best places in Lafayette to test your gun fighting skills.

Tony is TRYING to improve it with the new apartments, new shops and restaurants, but the Mope Factor is enormous all along 4th.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Tony is TRYING to improve it with the new apartments, new shops and restaurants, but the Mope Factor is enormous all along 4th.

38th st corridor by us. Same thing. Lots and lots of good people but just enough jack wagons to cover the area with jack wagon stupidity.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I spent more time at and near the Marathon at the corner of 9th and Ferry. The worst smell I've ever smelled in my life was the men's room at that gas station.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette

After hearing about anywhere in Lafayette to test out gunfighting skills, Thank goodness I didn’t sign up for Purdue then

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Article states "bullet resistant glass". Dont think I am going to work for $10 hour in a job that requires me to stand behind "bullet resistant glass"......just saying

you'd rather work a $10 an hour job without the bullet resistant glass? Because there are a lot of stations that are just that!! and those are the ones that if something like this goes down, the clerk dies.

We have bullet resistant glass, it is down at night only. our clerks make $12 an hour at night, and with the recent sell of our company, I see that rate going up. They have magnetic locks on the outside doors that they flip a switch behind the counter, locked in, they have a lock on the door to the cashier booth. They never have to come into physical contact with a customer. Sounds like a safe place to be employed to me. In the 5 years I have been there, it wasn't until last spring that we were robbed, in broad daylight, at the subway side, not even the gas station side. No one was hurt and the suspect was found, along with our money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    you'd rather work a $10 an hour job without the bullet resistant glass? Because there are a lot of stations that are just that!! and those are the ones that if something like this goes down, the clerk dies.

We have bullet resistant glass, it is down at night only. our clerks make $12 an hour at night, and with the recent sell of our company, I see that rate going up. They have magnetic locks on the outside doors that they flip a switch behind the counter, locked in, they have a lock on the door to the cashier booth. They never have to come into physical contact with a customer. Sounds like a safe place to be employed to me. In the 5 years I have been there, it wasn't until last spring that we were robbed, in broad daylight, at the subway side, not even the gas station side. No one was hurt and the suspect was found, along with our money.

Troubled times we now live in. Desperation. Drug induced idiocy. Lives taken for sport/hate.

Top Bottom