Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://heavy.com/news/2018/12/officer-ronil-singh/
    Officer Ronil Singh: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

48426726_10216107716578214_5381546644103757824_n.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ronil-...d-newman-california-manhunt-today-2018-12-26/
    Manhunt for suspected cop killer in California

:(

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    There are things that just break your heart .....
    There are things that just enrage your soul ... I hope they catch the shooter and his ventilated

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    According to the Officer Down Memorial Page, 5 California officers have been killed by gunfire in 2018. Compare that to 2 in Indiana, 2 in Illinois, 1 in Maryland, 0 in D.C., 1 in New York, 3 in Texas, and 2 in Massachusetts.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    According to the Officer Down Memorial Page, 5 California officers have been killed by gunfire in 2018. Compare that to 2 in Indiana, 2 in Illinois, 1 in Maryland, 0 in D.C., 1 in New York, 3 in Texas, and 2 in Massachusetts.
    Given the large population of Cali 5 doesn’t seem too extreme when compared to the rest.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana

This just proves that there are more crazy people in California willing to do crazy things.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Intellectually, I KNOW that the tragedy of being killed just after Christmas doesn't make it any different than the tragedy of being killed on any other day.
    Intellectually.
    But seeing that picture of him with his family before the Christmas tree... well it makes my blood boil. My head may tell me it's the same. My heart though.. different story.

Then again. Maybe it is worse.
    Not for the officer. He's beyond such things now.
    But the wife.. and the child...
    The rest of their lives, Christmas will be when hubby/daddy died. :xmad: :xmad:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Intellectually, I KNOW that the tragedy of being killed just after Christmas doesn't make it any different than the tragedy of being killed on any other day.
    Intellectually.
    But seeing that picture of him with his family before the Christmas tree... well it makes my blood boil. My head may tell me it's the same. My heart though.. different story.

It does make a difference, imo, I spent the holidays in 2000 and 2001 in the hospital while she was losing to cancer. I still remember watching the "ball" drop on the crappy hospital TV.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Intellectually.

I think a tragedy like this, near a holiday, would certainly be different that any other day. You essentially have a yearly marker to remind you of the event. I know a couple of people who become different people during certain holidays because of the loss of a loved one.

Top Bottom