• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billybob66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    I recently had a situation where I was a victim of road rage. After pulling into my destination I noticed a small SUV had followed me in. At first I thought they where going to same place but soon found out that was not the case. After getting out of my truck the other driver pulled up behind me blocking my truck, with just enough room for his passenger window to be in view. Keep in mind it's dark outside and my spot was barley lit. He slowly rolls his window down, and my first instinct was to ready myself and put my hand near my psitol. At no time did I draw or point my weapon at this guy. Well the first thing that comes out of his mouth is so your going to pull a gun on me, and of course I say no, and ask what do you want. Well we end up exchanging a few choice words, and I thought he left,but he ended up finding a police officer where he accused me of pointing a gun at him. So, what happens next is three squad cars are blocking me and I'm on my knees getting handcuffed. I knew I had done nothing wrong and with in a few minutes I was let go, but before the officer released me he asked my how did the other guy know I had a gun. I told him that I was a bit freaked out by his actions and readied myself by posturing up and putting my hand next to my pistol. The officer then told me that he couldn't prove I pulled my pistol then, went on to say but, I'm still going to send it up, which I took to mean up to an investigator. My question is,. Do I have anything to worry about, it's been two weeks and I've heard nothing?

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    At this point, I doubt it. LE has bigger things to worry about. This incident is on record however, and if you get into another similar "situation", it will look like a pattern emerging. Know what I'm saying? IMO. I wouldn't give the bad guy any idea I was armed until it was absolutely necessary. You had cover, he was still in vehicle. Don't give them info they can use to cause you problems. He felt you wronged him in some way and wanted you to feel him.

billybob66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    I recently had a situation where I was a victim of road rage. After pulling into my destination I noticed a small SUV had followed me in. At first I thought they where going to same place but soon found out that was not the case. After getting out of my truck the other driver pulled up behind me blocking my truck, with just enough room for his passenger window to be in view. Keep in mind it's dark outside and my spot was barley lit. He slowly rolls his window down, and my first instinct was to ready myself and put my hand near my psitol. At no time did I draw or point my weapon at this guy. Well the first thing that comes out of his mouth is so your going to pull a gun on me, and of course I say no, and ask what do you want. Well we end up exchanging a few choice words, and I thought he left,but he ended up finding a police officer where he accused me of pointing a gun at him. So, what happens next is three squad cars are blocking me and I'm on my knees getting handcuffed. I knew I had done nothing wrong and with in a few minutes I was let go, but before the officer released me he asked my how did the other guy know I had a gun. I told him that I was a bit freaked out by his actions and readied myself by posturing up and putting my hand next to my pistol. The officer then told me that he couldn't prove I pulled my pistol then, went on to say but, I'm still going to send it up, which I took to mean up to an investigator. My question is,. Do I have anything to worry about, it's been two weeks and I've heard nothing?

Yep I tend to agree with you, up to the pint of when you should be ready. I had no cover I was out of my truck in the open, he had the advantage and could have done what ever he wanted that's the only reason I readied myself. I do appreciate what you said,, I should have put more thought into the situation. I've carried and owned guns for 30 plus years, and have never been put into a situation like this. For some reason the way he crept up in the dark like he did made me uneasy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The lesson here is, the first one to call the police often wins. Next time, you might pull out your cell phone and, if you can't do it for real, act like you're recording the event.

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    OP, practice your draw so that it is one swift, deliberate movement, and you won't have to "ready" yourself. And pay attention to who is following you. lol Remember, it's not paranoia, it's a heightened sense of awareness.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    WindingElatedIberianemeraldlizard-small.gif

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Have you tried calling the department the officers are employed by to see if a report was made?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    If this is exactly what happened I'd sure like to know how you ended up on your knees handcuffed and I'd be talking to someone about it.

I have had a very similar situation. A car followed me and my GF from a movie theater through the east side of Evansville. I pulled into a large well lit parking lot, they followed me in, and parked about 40 feet away. I stepped out of my car but at no time did I touch my sidearm which was fully concealed. After a few seconds they drove off. I took side streets home, a 5 to 10 minute drive, and was surrounded by 3 or 4 patrol cars in front of my house. After following the officer's directions I was standing with my hands on my head and disarmed. I was told a similar story, the other party claimed I pointed a gun. I denied it, explained what had happened, and was told about the same thing. The officer even said something like "if you felt threatened I would understand". But I maintained no firearm was shown which was true. Nothing came of it but lessoned learned. Even though I thought the situation was over, I should have reported the incident immediately.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Isn't it nice to know that the jerks of the world can SWAT you, and you have zero recourse? There are a couple threads like this that are very quickly making me lose what little faith I had in the system.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The lesson here is, the first one to call the police often wins. Next time, you might pull out your cell phone and, if you can't do it for real, act like you're recording the event.

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^exactly this. Every freaking time.

These douche bags use the system. Officer safety and all. You get cuffed and embarrassed and they go home and touch themselves.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have had a very similar situation. A car followed me and my GF from a movie theater through the east side of Evansville. I pulled into a large well lit parking lot, they followed me in, and parked about 40 feet away. I stepped out of my car but at no time did I touch my sidearm which was fully concealed. After a few seconds they drove off. I took side streets home, a 5 to 10 minute drive, and was surrounded by 3 or 4 patrol cars in front of my house. After following the officer's directions I was standing with my hands on my head and disarmed. I was told a similar story, the other party claimed I pointed a gun. I denied it, explained what had happened, and was told about the same thing. The officer even said something like "if you felt threatened I would understand". But I maintained no firearm was shown which was true. Nothing came of it but lessoned learned. Even though I thought the situation was over, I should have reported the incident immediately.
    How did they know you were armed? Honest question.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Isn't it nice to know that the jerks of the world can SWAT you, and you have zero recourse? There are a couple threads like this that are very quickly making me lose what little faith I had in the system.
    If you can PROVE they knowingly and intentionally made a false report, that's a crime. The difficulty is the "proving" part when there are no independent witnesses.

Top Bottom