Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

User Info Menu

It is 100% a cost issue.
    As cameras would cost some folks their jobs.

User Info Menu

And... that would be bad?

User Info Menu

Not having cameras are already costing folks their jobs. The cost of fighting frivolous stuff is significant and ceaseless as it stands. Video evidence of exemplary actions, nips the nonsense in the bud. One multi million settlement over shooting a guy working on his car in the night, would pay for a pretty spiffy system.

User Info Menu

Ummm multi million

Not me, but most of the general public.

User Info Menu

The Jones settlement in illinois was $16,000,000 ...So it's not out of the realm

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

ISP officer involved shooting this morning seems to contrast the Crawfordsville shooting:

"The officers were able to render immediate first aid to the suspect and he was quickly transported to Margaret Mary Hospital..."

https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/227d800

...INDIANA STATE POLICE
    VERSAILLES DISTRICT
    902 S. Adams Street
    Versailles, IN 47042

www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Sgt. Stephen Wheeles
    Public Information Officer
    (812)571-4659

January 12, 2019

Officer Involved Shooting Investigation Underway

Sunman-At approximately 10:50 this morning, officers from the Indiana State Police and Dearborn County Sheriff’s Department responded to a disturbance, reported to involve a man armed with a firearm, at 12300 Five Point Road in northern Dearborn County.

When the deputy and trooper arrived and started to approach the residence, they were confronted by a man who pointed a firearm at the officers. This resulted in both officers firing their weapons at the suspect.

The suspect was struck by at least one of the officers’ rounds. The officers were able to render immediate first aid to the suspect and he was quickly transported to Margaret Mary Hospital in Batesville, Indiana for medical treatment. None of the officers were injured in the incident.

After arriving at the hospital, the suspect was pronounced deceased.

The names of the involved officers and the deceased suspect will be provided in a future release.

Detectives from the Indiana State Police-Sellersburg District will be leading the investigation.

Once the investigation has concluded it will be forwarded to the Dearborn County Prosecutor’s office for review.

-30- SGT. STEPHEN WHEELES...

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

There were more than one officer present, so that makes it easier to secure the scene. In the Crawfordsville incident the officer was alone. The main problem I had is what happened when backup arrived.

User Info Menu

my wife and i have been involved in the peaceful sign waving protests in front of the montgomery county courthouse . we were approached this afternoon by a man claiming to have been the car slowely driving past the scene when they heard 4-6 shots . they have been scared to take their witness accounts directly to the ISP . later this evening my wife was contacted via social media by a lady claiming to be the car behind them that u-turned and left the scene . she has been in contact with the Rightsell family and their attorney and told to remain quiet , also afraid to go directly to ISP . possibly more
    to this story than has been released so far .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dleak View Post
    my wife and i have been involved in the peaceful sign waving protests in front of the montgomery county courthouse . we were approached this afternoon by a man claiming to have been the car slowely driving past the scene when they heard 4-6 shots . they have been scared to take their witness accounts directly to the ISP . later this evening my wife was contacted via social media by a lady claiming to be the car behind them that u-turned and left the scene . she has been in contact with the Rightsell family and their attorney and told to remain quiet , also afraid to go directly to ISP . possibly more
    to this story than has been released so far .
    If they are refusing to share what they saw, they aren't helping anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birds Away View Post
    You'e thinking in circles and you have yourself surrounded.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein View Post
    If they are refusing to share what they saw, they aren't helping anyone.
    Amen. If they have information go to the Attorney General's Office, the State IG, the Governor's Office, contact your County Sheriff, I could keep going...
    INGOer #25,448

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast