Private business that advertise "NO GUNS".

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Maybe we should have a thread to which we can refer to avoid supporting our enemies. Suitable for boycott. Etc? I'll start.

Robby's Pub, Southport and Bluff.

I had already gunned down but still had on my holster. Security "bouncer" asked me to take my gun and leave it in the car. I told him I left it in the car, he insisted to see the empty holster. I complied, he said ok. Took off my jacket and was about to sit down and order dinner when I decided, "Hell No." and walked out.

Sticker on the door said "no guns, regardless of your permit" (It wasn't there last week, BTW)

Final though, if they say "No Guns" guess what, bet you need a gun.

Bye Bye Robby's, it was nice knowing you.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    The furniture store by Castleton mall, maybe The Room Place had a placard at one point in time. Wife walked in and I stood outside. Decided to walk in and ask why the sticker. Upper management decision, so the wife agreed to shop at another place of business. She’s the bees knees.

We went to the tool shop next door.!!

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Maybe we should have a thread to which we can refer to avoid supporting our enemies. Suitable for boycott. Etc? I'll start.

Robby's Pub, Southport and Bluff.

I had already gunned down but still had on my holster. Security "bouncer" asked me to take my gun and leave it in the car. I told him I left it in the car, he insisted to see the empty holster. I complied, he said ok. Took off my jacket and was about to sit down and order dinner when I decided, "Hell No." and walked out.

Sticker on the door said "no guns, regardless of your permit" (It wasn't there last week, BTW)

Final though, if they say "No Guns" guess what, bet you need a gun.

Bye Bye Robby's, it was nice knowing you.

Well it is a bar, one that happens to serve delicious and cheap food but still mainly a bar. What did you expect?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I dont understand your point. I frequent a bar where you're in the minority if you dont carry a gun. :dunno:

8 second saloon?

I’m against no gun signs and their enforcement but the public opinion on mixing guns and alcohol isn’t likely to change anytime soon. Be happy Indiana is as liberal as they are in their gun laws regarding the carry in those establishments and while having a beer. Open carry in a bar, or a seeming empty holster protest isn’t a hill to die on.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I am happy Indiana is Indiana. (Took me some maturing to realize we have a pretty great state, hope we can keep it.)

It bugs me that the RIGHT to bare arms is relegated to second class status. Would never see a sign telling you to leave your free speech outside or leave your gay marriage in the car.

But I will take your admonishment and not die on that hill, but Robby's won't see any Merg dollars for a while.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No one knows I have a gun unless <snip> I tell them. I don't boycott specific businesses because of their "no gun" signs...

This right here for me. A lot of those "no guns" signs are just ambulance chaser liability dodging. The signs are for people that don't know any better.

I snicker when I see those signs, for the amateurs.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    When I lived in Ohio, Ohioans for Concealed Carry had (probably still has) a "Do not Patronize While Armed" database. You could consult it, or have businesses added to it. Partially it was to make sure you didn't go afoul of the law as "Gunbuster" signs have the force of law there. It was also... well honestly spite. We considered posted businesses to be misguided at best, or outright jerks and decided that they could go toast themselves on the fires of Hell and they didn't deserve out money.

I'm not going to suggest something quite so grandiose here. The laws and general attitude are different (thankfully so) and I almost never see a posted business here. The only ones I pay any attention to are on Government buildings. If I know a business is posted I will generally avoid it based on spite. There are a lot of companies I also will not give money to based on the same principle, and we've all talked about that. Levis and Pepsi spring to mind.

I do hear about places in Downtown Indy that have "security" or bouncers. I've been in them all armed. They're not stopping anyone from carrying unless it's incredibly sloppy carry. I get it. I get very used to not really caring at all if I print. Sometimes you get lax on "can anyone tell"?

I suppose what I'm getting at is if you run into a local hoplophobic business be sure to tell your friends and don't go back. Maybe send them an email telling them why you no longer go there. We used to send places like that copies of out receipts from competitors back in Ohio so they could see the business they lost. It was all a lot of work. I made a Hardware store's life a living Hell for awhile with calls, letters, and receipts from Home Depot for awhile until they took down their postings. I'm not sure it was worth the effort.

It was such an uphill battle. A business would get a basic sign package that had all of the normal stuff you see on almost everyone's doors. No smoking. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express. All of the normal things you expect to see plastered in a door and with that some anti-gun jackass had included Ohio gunbuster signage. The idiot gun agnostic or anti employees would just dutifully hang them up thinking it was a magical shield and corporate policy when it was nothing of the sort.

I've had WalMart employees throw a fit at me open carrying in Ohio stating that the store was posted. I asked them to point out the sign and one idiot took me to the "No Smoking" sign. They don't even know their company's policy. They're not trained. They operate on their own irrational fears. This is what you're up against. Ignorant, stupid fear.

I lost my tolerance for it a long time ago, and do my best to fly under the radar and ignore the nincimpoops. Every WalMart I've ever made a delivery to has a "NO IDLING" sign out back citing ACT 124 of 2008. It's a Pennsylvania law numbskulls, and we're not in Pennsylvania. Kiss it. Maybe look into the signage you're hanging up.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Well it is a bar, one that happens to serve delicious and cheap food but still mainly a bar. What did you expect?
    I ignore their signs and have never had a problem because they have no idea I'm carrying. I don't drink but just because it's a bar doesn't mean people are going to get drunk. Someone's ill advised sign doesn't trump my legal rights in Indiana. IF for some reason you are busted they can ask you to leave. Go where you want and do what you want just don't do anything stupid.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom