• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    What I look for in leather holsters is not that easy to find. I have worked with many R&D holster producers and custom leather craftsmen. To try to find the best stuff. First we must start with avery high quality leather or horsehide product. Sorry Vegans. Second, my holsters need to be leather lined. Not suede mind you as these look pretty when new but will notlast for thousands of presentations. Most of my lined holsters are with the smooth leather against the gun as well. Coming in third is the fit must be forthe exact gun. There is no universal fit if you want it right. Finishing up the holster requires strong and proper stitching for a lifetime of carry. Being lined, mouth reinforced and properly stitched will make for an easy reholster process. I am not a fan of the recent popularity in sweat guards in a IWB. Most that I have seen bend over to close the mouth to hinder reholstering. I have never had a gun rust out because of my skin. I do have some holsters with retention straps but they are very large revolvers for field work. With a quality made leather holster, you should be able to make quick, quiet presentations and be able to reholster with one hand. You should be able to run, ride bikes, fall down, get in and out of cars and trucks and tractors, build stages, work the horses and fight with out the fear of losing your piece. Pictured here is one of my favorites. Note the smooth leather lining inside. Many things can be presented by prosecutors as unmeritorious actions in a gunfight, however compromising on your equipment should not be one of them.
    View attachment 74199

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Is there cant to that holster?

I have been looking around for a holster to come and do your combat league. I have something that should work but finding one that has zero cant has been a huge issue.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Holsters | Australia | Red Nichols Holsters checks all your boxes, but he doesn't make for many types of guns. No striker fired. 1911s and several popular hammer fired guns only.

I've got untold draws from his Avenger style holster with kangaroo lining. It's held up very well. Indiucky has seen the holster, belt, and mag pouches I've gotten from Red. They are gorgeous, functional, and durable. I've attended Craig Douglas' ECQC class with all of those retention drills and "evolution" fights using his Avenger. I wore it daily as a detective, dry fired with it, used it at the range, and still often wear it off duty. It's not cheap, but it'll last and do what you want it to do. (BTW, I did get one for a Glock but as mentioned he doesn't offer striker fired now)

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

I have been looking around for a holster to come and do your combat league. I have something that should work but finding one that has zero cant has been a huge issue.

sorry Coach. I have not had to buy one in years so do not know who to go to. Kramer?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Practi...nd-15-Belt-Black-Leather/productinfo/P1BLR15/

I think the Wilson Practical has little to no cant. But I don’t own one myself. I know they ride pretty low and I would personally consider it to be a range holster.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Lo-Pro...d-15-Belt-Black-Leather/productinfo/LP1BLR15/

I am a big fan of the Wilson Lo Profile, but it rides high. Conceals well but not the fastest holster to draw from.

Milt Sparks Or Mitch Rosen make good leather.

On a budget I am super impressed with 1791 gun leather. They do take some breaking in. But if someone was looking for some range leather on a budget this is a good option. https://1791gunleather.com/product/bh1-1911-belt-holster/

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I put a bunch of links in the other topic for vertical leather belt holsters, or holsters that can be ordered with zero cant.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I have used a Galxo Yaqui slide years ago and liked it but last year I ordered a Galco Avenger for my Sig Legion which has a straight can't and I love it.

download (5).jpeg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    jnutLuG.jpg

Milt Sparks or 5-Shot leather

Top Bottom