8620 E. 21st Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219

www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Sgt. John Perrine
    Public Information Officer
    317-416-3635

DATE: January 28, 2019

Indianapolis, IN - Detectives from the Indiana State Police are investigating two separate shootings on Indianapolis area interstates less than 24 hours apart. Fortunately there were no injures reported in either shooting.

The first incident occurred early Saturday morning, January 27th, on I-465 southbound near 56th Street on the city's west side. According to investigators the driver of a blue Chevrolet stopped to check on two vehicles that had been involved in a crash on I-465. A short time later that driver contacted police to report shots being fired at their vehicle from the driver of one of the crashed cars. It should be noted the victim of the shooting was not involved in the crash. The victim drove away from the crash scene and continued driving until being told by emergency dispatchers to exit at Harding Street and wait for police. Detectives are not clear what led to the shooting or if the driver of the blue Chevrolet was the intended target. The crash was not reported to police by either of the involved parties.

The second incident happened early this morning on I-69 northbound near the I-465 interchange, around 3:50 a.m. The driver of a black Chevrolet SUV called 911 to report their vehicle had been shot. According to investigating officers the incident began with a possible road rage situation that led to a minor crash, subsequently the occupant of a maroon Ford Escape fired shots at the black Chevrolet then fled the scene. The maroon Ford that fled from the scene and exited at 96th Street, should have damage to the front driver' side. The driver was described as a white male possibly in his 30's.

Both of these investigations are ongoing, anyone with information about either incident is asked to call the Indiana State Police at 317-899-8577.

All suspects are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in court...

img-4807_crop.jpg

img-4808_crop.jpg

img-4804_crop.jpg

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    If I've said it once, I've said it a million times... What a criminal lacks in brains is made up for in boldness. What sane individual thinks that shooting at someone on the interstate is sensible? The bad thing is that they'd be the "helpless victim" if they ended up getting ventilated.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The first incident sounds like the two cars involved in the crash knew each other and had a dispute ending in the crash. That's why neither called police to report it. Probably ridin dirty. Don't need no help from soccer Mom, here's a couple rounds of encouragement to get you movin.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The first incident sounds like the two cars involved in the crash knew each other and had a dispute ending in the crash. That's why neither called police to report it. Probably ridin dirty. Don't need no help from soccer Mom, here's a couple rounds of encouragement to get you movin.

Kinda what I thought. Or, if Facebook is to be believed, one of those "gang initiations" where they have to kill whomever stops to help.

Top Bottom