• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    The better half and I are considering such an excursion.

I e-mailed several companies offering such cruises concerning THE question. I have gotten one response, which is not encouraging, to wit:

"Good morning and thank you for your inquiry. According to the ticketing contract; #13 – Dangerous Items – You may not possess firearms while onboard. We follow the Coast Guard policies on this matter. If we do find firearms they are surrendered to the Master at embarkation."

If they "find" firearms? And how would they do that? Is luggage inspected when boarding a Mississippi Riverboat for a trip on US inland waterways? Will *I* be inspected?

Does anyone here have experience with this?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Never been on a river cruise, as I think they are awfully expensive compared to other vacation options. I did find terms and conditions for American Cruise Lines, which operates Mississippi River cruises. Probably the same boilerplate language for most river cruise lines:

https://www.americancruiselines.com/general-information/terms-and-conditions

In no event shall Passenger bring aboard the Vessel or check-in any flammable, explosive, weapon, or any other dangerous or harmful article of any kind, including illegal narcotic or other controlled substance.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    On a cruise, they go through your luggage. Carnival snagged a bottle of wine I had in my suitcase. They gave it back to me when I disembarked at the end of the cruise. If I had brought it on in hand and "declared" it, they would have let me keep it.

I suspect they will either search your luggage or run it through x-ray. Or both.

Leave you gun at home, take the cruise if you and your wife want to.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    For our short jaunt across Lake Michigan aboard the SS Badger, Homeland Security was present with a crotch sniffing dawg to greet passengers.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom