• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We'll be attending the Sunday show and was looking for reports of Saturday's as far as security getting. From what I've heard, there will be metal detectors at the gates but how thorough are the operators?

It's not so much needing it in the Stadium, but more concerned about walking to and fro.

If you happen to attend Saturdays show, feel free to report back. Thanks.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    If it's similar to the shows at Allstate Arena in Rosemont IL, they wand you and send you away for damn near anything.

I had to return my Leatherman, and my AAA Streamlight to the car.

The small pocketknife on my key ring was ignored.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Live Nation event? If so, ALL Live Nation venues have wands, or walk throughs. If not, Lucas is spotty at best on security. Do they have the equipment, YES, do they know how to use it, SOMETIMES. If it’s important to you, junk carry a smaller gun and see. I guarantee, nobody there will touch you junk, no matter how many sounds it makes.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Wish I wouldve known that, my daughter took her 2 little boys to it last night. Figured with the security and metal detectors it wouldve been slightly thorough...I shouldve known and shouldve went with but work keeps me from a lot.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I didn't take my son because they've gone political and took away any reference to guns on their trucks. I contacted them and they confirmed this. Instead, I took him to the World of Wheels at the fairgrounds.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just went through. I could have been carrying OWB and got through. The check points are a joke.

For almost every non NFL event I have been to there, it has been this way. The metal detectors have not typically been in use during non NFL events, I have attended. Bags get looked into, but nothing else, in my experience, so this doesn't surprise me.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The metal detectors were on. I held up my phone and walked through. It went off and the guy said you're ok. They had my wife open her handbag to look in. She unzipped it and they just barely glanced in. They didn't even check my 10 y o daughters huge purse.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The metal detectors were on. I held up my phone and walked through. It went off and the guy said you're ok. They had my wife open her handbag to look in. She unzipped it and they just barely glanced in. They didn't even check my 10 y o daughters huge purse.

So how was the show...???

Really sorry we could not meet you folks for dinner. Life.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The show was great. It's been a long time since I've evwn watched it in TV. The stuff they do with the trucks is awesome. Kids were in heaven.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Wow... why even use them other than for security theater, if that's going to be the case.

Top Bottom