Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lonehoosier View Post
    Iím sorry but this bill makes no sense whatsoever as it stands now. Teachers are already allowed to carry if they get school board approval. Now they just added they have to get training on top of that. This bill is crap.
    Wait, are you saying the bill is crap because teachers need to be trained in order to carry a firearm while working? If so, I couldn't disagree more. I would expect that any teacher, teaching my kid, would be certified in the safety and use of their firearm.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Sorry but I donít think the taxpayers should be paying for this. If teachers or school employees want to seek training and the school board approves for it so be it but that law is already exists.
    Ok, I think you might have clarified. If a teacher wants to carry a firearm in school, they need to cover the expenses themselves? I'm ok with that, but no training, no carry in school.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    ...no training, no carry in school.
    At the risk of incurring wrath, I'm going to go out on a limb and agree that this is reasonable.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

I would imagine part of this is to provide some insulation against litigation, like a situation where a teacher missed the shooter and hit a student. I still think that arming somebody or somebodys inside the school is the best way to at least slow down the shooters. Speed in attacking the shooter, still looks like the best defense.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Ok, I think you might have clarified. If a teacher wants to carry a firearm in school, they need to cover the expenses themselves? I'm ok with that, but no training, no carry in school.
    Devil's advocate: As the spouse of a teacher, they spend enough of their own money on classroom stuff already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

The only thing that changes is now a training requirement. Itís the same law that we already have. A school board still has to approve you to carry. Now if the law said you take this training and you then can carry I would be all for it. We are not going to see a spike in teachers carrying because these school boards are not going to approve them to carry. School boards now can set there own standards and allow anyone to carry but it rarely happens. Why do you think that will change now?
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Devil's advocate: As the spouse of a teacher, they spend enough of their own money on classroom stuff already.
    And thatís her decision to do just like carrying.

IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Why do you think that will change now?
    Just musing, but the law puts in a place a tone, if you will. In other words, the GA is saying, "Arming teachers is good, and we are ensuring there is a path to get them properly trained." The hope is that boards will look at this as something desirable, some path that's already laid out. From my experience, school boards hate to be trailblazers and will do everything possible to keep a low profile.

This would, at the least, keep the ball rolling, and keep it in the public eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Yeah, that's something to consider... maybe it could be written off as a work expen....... oh wait, nevermind.

User Info Menu

Just musing, but the law puts in a place a tone, if you will. In other words, the GA is saying, "Arming teachers is good, and we are ensuring there is a path to get them properly trained." The hope is that boards will look at this as something desirable, some path that's already laid out. From my experience, school boards hate to be trailblazers and will do everything possible to keep a low profile.

This would, at the least, keep the ball rolling, and keep it in the public eye.
    I truly hope you are right and I am wrong. Time will tell.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast