Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

User Info Menu

I have 2 high schoolers at home. I, for one, would be happy for my tax dollars to help pay for the training required for teachers to carry in school. In the last year, our school system has went from one SRO to 3, all active Sheriff's deputies.
    Our school's kids foiled a potential shooting last year when the kids did the right thing and spoke up when another student started making threats. When the deputies detained the kid, he admitted to planning a shooting, even going so far as having a list of kids he wanted to shoot.
    Operation Desert Storm Veteran, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, For God and Country.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Runt1122 View Post
    Coach, what are your thoughts on guns in safes vs on body carry for teachers? Being an educator and licensed to carry holder myself, I canít imagine leaving my firearm someplace I am not located...especially in a school setting.
    I think the gun needs to be carried on the body. If I need it I need it right now. I hate to be critical of the safes because Jay Count is doing it that way, and perhaps it is best for them. I would be scared that the safe would be discovered unlocked at some point.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

A safe if great if you NEVER leave the classroom and you have plenty of time to mosey on over to open it up.

I don't care what school it is, teachers and staff end up all over the campus throughout the day. I taught for years and I can't think of any activity where I couldn't have comfortably worn my guns. Maybe if I was a PE coach?
    As a disclaimer, I also comfortably wear my guns while working under my car, working out at the gym, slept with them on and even did a scuba dive (in CA) while armed just so I could say I did it.

Find what works and stick with it but don't say it's uncomfortable or it can't be done. I know plenty of people including myself that carry full sized guns all day long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think the gun needs to be carried on the body. If I need it I need it right now. I hate to be critical of the safes because Jay Count is doing it that way, and perhaps it is best for them. I would be scared that the safe would be discovered unlocked at some point.
    Thanks, exactly my feelings as well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5