Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Am I legal to carry?

Iíve had different answers to this question. I have recently moved to this state from Tennessee. Although I have started the carry permit process here in Indiana, it is not finished. Iím at the last step where I have to go to the local law enforcement office. I do still have a valid Tennessee carry permit which I know is honored by the state of Indiana. Am I legal to carry with my Tennessee permit even though I am an Indiana resident now?

User Info Menu

I'm gonna say no. Beacause you are no longer a resident of TN, your TN license is no longer valid. But I'm not a lawyer and this is a hunch, not legal advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

User Info Menu

Good discussion point here. At what point are you an "Indiana Resident"? 30 days? Entering a lease or buying a house? After getting an Indiana driver's license? Paying the light bill? All I have are questions, no answers.
    INGOer #25,448

tsm
    Plinker

User Info Menu

See if you can get an answer from Guy Relford on here. Heíll know.

User Info Menu

Is your primary mailing address in Indiana? Do you have an Indiana Driver's License or State ID?
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Good discussion point here. At what point are you an "Indiana Resident"? 30 days? Entering a lease or buying a house? After getting an Indiana driver's license? Paying the light bill? All I have are questions, no answers.

Wouldn't being able to register to vote be the standard for that question? and I may be wrong but I thought that was 60 days.

User Info Menu

The legal test would be if you dislike the state of Kentucky and the New England Patriots, you are officially a resident.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    The legal test would be if you dislike the state of Kentucky and the New England Patriots, you are officially a resident.
    After this year he might not like the Colts so I'd take that reasoning with a grain of salt.
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SwikLS View Post
    Wouldn't being able to register to vote be the standard for that question? and I may be wrong but I thought that was 60 days.
    How to prove residency:
    https://www.in.gov/bmv/2436.htm

Some general residency requirements (not an "official" source, but a decent summary):
    https://www.sapling.com/8288613/long...laim-residency

Looks lie you need to be living in Indiana for either 27 or 30 days (haven't looked for the actual IC yet) before you can register to vote.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

Am I legal to carry?

You may be legal, but I bet you are too heavy.
    ďA man's got to do what a man's got to do.Ē John Wayne

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast