• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elkhunter2018

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I was wondering something in the grocery store yesterday, and I tried searching on here to see if this had been asked and answered already; my generic search terms had many results, but I didn't see anything quite like what I'm wondering. So obviously if you see somebody with a CCW, it's not concealed, and thus logically there are plenty of people successfully carrying concealed around you every day. I am very careful to carry right and dress right to never show and print as little as possible. In fact, I'm usually thinking about myself and not looking for others carrying. So here are my question(s):
    1) When out and about in town (at grocery stores, restaurants, movies, etc) what percentage of people do you think are actually carrying with you? I usually have the impression that I'm the only person in a restaurant or shopping in the grocery store, and basically that it's <1% of people with me. I know that personally I had a permit for a little over 10 years before I started faithfully carrying.
    2) Do you think that number changes in the slightest for stores that have posted or unposted policies? My impression on this one is that it does slightly, because some people are better than me at not giving business to these companies, but I'll bet that many are like me in that if the wife or family are going to a restaurant or store with a posted policy, they will go along and ignore the signs (other than places that it's actually law).

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    My uneducated guess is a very low percentage! Watch the people around you, most are oblivious to anything going on around them, let alone worried about packing iron. 1 or 2 percent at most!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Interesting question

1. In rural areas it seems to be much higher both OC and CC. It’s not uncommon to witness, firearms are viewed more as tools than anything. The majority of people own firearms even if they do not carry so the fear and stigma is not as prevalent as in metropolitan areas. The response time for Law Enforcement can be as much as 45 min or more depending on where you are at. So it’s not unheard of to walk into someone’ Home and see weapons in plain sight.

2. The only place I can think of off hand with a no weapons sign is BWW and that’s a 30 to 50 mile drive depending on the direction you head. It’s not really a consideration for me I might abide or not, more than likely I will take my money somewhere else.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    It absolutely depends on the venue. My opinion: When I'm at Kroger and there are 100 adults inside, I'm guessing there are 3 other people carrying. If I'm in a bar (which I never go to) with 50 other adults, there are 9 others carrying. I make a point to carry wherever there is cash: restaurants, gas station, liquor store.

It's harder to guess if there is a sign at the door. Some disregard the sign, most obey I would think. I'm getting to the point with society that I'm second guessing the sign.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Indiana is the 5th state with the highest number of gun permit/licence delivered per state in the US.

Almost 800,000 licences in 2017.

That's 18% of Hoosiers who have a licence to carry a handgun.
    It's the second state (after Alabama at 22%) with the highest percentage of the population with a CCW.

Of course not all people with a licence carry, but you also have the folks who carry illegally without a licence, so it's a pretty high percentage I think.
    Not to mention all the off-duty LEOs who can carry without a licence.

https://www.gunstocarry.com/concealed-carry-statistics/#info

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    On IU campus, probably less than 2% of people. If they're an IU employee or student, they can get fired/expelled if caught, though I've never heard of that happening. Surprisingly I haven't been able to spot a single person clearly printing this whole school year. Outside of campus but still in town, I'd guess that number hovers around 5-10%, but wouldn't be surprised if it was smaller considering Bloomington's political atmosphere. But when I sit down in a 300-student lecture hall I honestly don't think there's a single other person carrying in there

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Will you share your technigue?

Not really a technique when clothing give it away ...

ASK-ME-ABOUT-MY-GUN-COLLECTION-GREY_2048x2048.png

Pro 2A shirts, 5.11 pants, NRA hats, gatsby flags and many others ...

Some are more obvious than others.

81ylvJlJWPL._UL1500_.jpg

81ylvJlJWPL._UL1500_.jpg

Demeanour, hairstyle, tattoos, and other factors can also be a good indicator that the person is armed.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I believe it's generally low percentage but it can sure depend where you are, for me church is probably the highest known percentage at 5-8%.
    I used to care about printing and total concealment when I first started carrying but now only really worry about it at church, just to lesson the chance of offending someone there, we have some of that type of people, which is fine. The rest of the population can be offended, I don't care, they need to get used to it and see it some, not that I am big on OC though.
    Any serious person that I know completely ignores signage, some don't give the business their money but most just go on carrying and buy what they want.

I feel like sometimes I can tell a fellow concealed carrier, even if they're not all tactecooled up, but the idea of having confident training like Denny mentioned above really intrigues me.

Top Bottom