• ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Wow.... the stupid, it hurts.

Unfortunately, members of the public will judge other permit holders based on the experience of one blithering angry idiot.

Even more unfortunately, there's a lot more than ONE such blithering angry idiot out there causing others to judge the rest of us. See also the recent story about a road rage shootout at a Carmel gas station - angry 50-something tried to shoot out the tires of another car. Fortunately that tool has been arrested, but how many people were needlessly endangered by his recklessness?

I know that there are strong feelings about having a training requirement for carrying, and please don't turn this thread into a rehash of that debate, but this is a prime example of why some people want it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You can train out bad habits and train in greater skill, but training don't cure stupid.

...but I get how some people think some kind of greater requirements may mean something.

I say that we limit the LTCH to people who can pass the test to be able to vote.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    How 'bout the reported detail that the guy pulled the gun and racked the slide to chamber a round before pointing it at the guy's head.

Sounds someone who's been watching too many movies.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Morons, I've got morons on my team .-- Percy Garris (from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    To me this is another argument to abolish the LTCH. Without his permission slip to kill fellow human beings from the State of Indiana, there would have been peace and love breaking out in Hammond.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    At Purdue (West Lafayette), the "Region" was the northwest part of Indiana served by the regional campuses at Hammond and Westville. They are regional campuses so it was the "Region". I remember this nomenclature from the early seventies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

That entry is a gold mine:

Everyone from the region is Chicago Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, White Socks and/or Cubs fans. People from the region LOVE Chicago sports and are DISGUSTED by the thought of rooting for the Indianapolis Colts or Pacers.

Fact check- TRUE

Region Kid: I’m a Chicago Bears fan
    Indianapolis Kid: How could be a Bears fan? You’re from Indiana!
    Region Kid: Look M____f___r, I’m from the Region! I live 35 min away from down town Chicago, but 3 hours away from Indianapolis. Why the f___ would I root for the Colts!?

They even have the dialect down.

Top Bottom