• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Sent my FL renewal paperwork in about 3 weeks ago. My expiration date was yesterday.

Not that I'm going to meed my FL permit any time soon, but does anyone know how long of a wait I should expect?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I let mine expire when I had the combination of Utah and Arizona in my pocket, so I don't remember (I only renewed Florida one time). I do vaguely recall that it was faster (by far) than Indiana when we had to do the latter every four years.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I have had a Florida since 2003 and the last time I renewed seems like it took around two weeks to get the new one. The state of Florida at that time any way had a policy of expediting renewals for veterans so that may have made it a little faster. What really amazed me was Illinois doing my renewal in about three weeks. Jim.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I let mine expire when I had the combination of Utah and Arizona in my pocket, so I don't remember (I only renewed Florida one time). I do vaguely recall that it was faster (by far) than Indiana when we had to do the latter every four years.

I also have the Utah and Arizona. I had the Florida before I got the Utah, which I just got last April. With reciprocity between the states as it currently stands, I don't need the Florida any more and considered letting it expire as you did. The reason I renewed it was simply because the reciprocity agreements seem to be in a constant state of flux, so decided to renew as a hedge against any future changes.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I also have the Utah and Arizona. I had the Florida before I got the Utah, which I just got last April. With reciprocity between the states as it currently stands, I don't need the Florida any more and considered letting it expire as you did. The reason I renewed it was simply because the reciprocity agreements seem to be in a constant state of flux, so decided to renew as a hedge against any future changes.

Probably a wise decision on your part!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Here's an update on my wait for my renewal on my Florida CWL.

According to my bank records, the check that I sent with my renewal application was cashed by the state of Florida on February 6th. The 70-day mark is only a couple days away, and I was getting concerned that my new license might be lost in the mail. Our local mail carriers are notorious for delivering people's mail to the wrong house. I always take other's people mail that comes to my house to the correct house if it's in the neighborhood.

So I called the FL Dept. of Agriculture to check on my status. Apparently they are still processing it.

Holy cow that's a long wait! But at least it's not lost in the mail.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced very long wait times with FL.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    For those of you who've renewed a FL non-res license, are fingerprints required every time you renew?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I sent in my FL renewal last week of March. Have not heard anything back. I remember reading to expect 6-8 weeks somewhere in the paperwork.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Mine has been expired for years. I think I'll renew it after I am fully employed and my financial health improves sufficiently.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I sent in my FL renewal last week of March. Have not heard anything back. I remember reading to expect 6-8 weeks somewhere in the paperwork.

Yes, I saw that too. Where I read it, the current wait was stated as 56 days.

I'm over the 70 day mark now. I called them last week and they said I could expect to wait another 4 weeks. That would in mid May sometime. All they said was that they are behind, they didn't say that there was any problem with my renewal, and that everything was going "smoothly" so far.

Good grief. At least I don't have any pressing need for it any time soon.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yes, I saw that too. Where I read it, the current wait was stated as 56 days.

I'm over the 70 day mark now. I called them last week and they said I could expect to wait another 4 weeks. That would in mid May sometime. All they said was that they are behind, they didn't say that there was any problem with my renewal, and that everything was going "smoothly" so far.

Good grief. At least I don't have any pressing need for it any time soon.

Another reason to have multiple licenses. Between my UT and FL I am about as covered as I can be. Maybe something will change in the future.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Renewed UT recently. Had it in my fat hand in 12 days (and no fingerprints for the renewal).

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Well, I think the Earth stood still yesterday. My Florida CWL finally came in the mail. Three days shy of 4 months since they cashed my check, about 4 1/2 months since I mailed it in.

It's not like I urgently needed it, but 16 weeks (not counting the 2 weeks before they cashed the check) for a renewal seems like a very long wait.

Top Bottom