• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    This post could go in a couple of places, but I'm going to put it here due to it's potential impact on the Arizona non-resident license process/program.

Saw this article today on an Arizona bill that sounds like it would require, "DNA ... be collected from anyone who has to be fingerprinted by the state for a job, to volunteer in certain positions or for a myriad of other reasons." [1]

Such data, once in the AZ database would then be accessible to, "law enforcement in a criminal investigation. It could also be shared with other government agencies across the country for licensing, death registration, to identify a missing person or to determine someone's real name. ... [or,] to someone [i.e. anyone] conducting "legitimate research" [so-called]."

If this passes, I wonder if it would impact the AZ non-resident carry license process (i.e. applicants would have to provide DNA to get an AZ non-res license)? That would be huge.

[1] - https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...te-massive-statewide-dna-database/2873930002/

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2010
    AVON
    This sounds like the governments attempt to collect everyone's DNA. Years ago they suggested that they draw blood from every baby born before they left the hospital
    too add to their registry. Just like these ancestors DNA tests.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If they were to attempt to impose a requirement to submit DNA prior to obtaining a license to carry, would that not be an infringement upon the 2nd Amendment? As such unconstitutional?

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    If they were to attempt to impose a requirement to submit DNA prior to obtaining a license to carry, would that not be an infringement upon the 2nd Amendment? As such unconstitutional?

Arizona is a Constitutional Carry state. You don't need a license to carry open, concealed, wear it on your head. The only thing the license is good for, and the only reason they still issue a license, is for reciprocity with other states that DO require a license AND if you have a CCW you don't have to do a NICS check when purchasing firearms. (Background check already done when you got your CCW). It also keep you from getting busted from violating the 1000 ft rule about firearms and school zones and certain other places you CAN carry with the permit VS without. I live next door to a grade school in AZ. Without my CCW, I could get busted for stepping off my property while carrying. With my AZ CCW, I'm good to go.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Arizona is a Constitutional Carry state. You don't need a license to carry open, concealed, wear it on your head. The only thing the license is good for, and the only reason they still issue a license, is for reciprocity with other states that DO require a license AND if you have a CCW you don't have to do a NICS check when purchasing firearms. (Background check already done when you got your CCW). It also keep you from getting busted from violating the 1000 ft rule about firearms and school zones and certain other places you CAN carry with the permit VS without. I live next door to a grade school in AZ. Without my CCW, I could get busted for stepping off my property while carrying. With my AZ CCW, I'm good to go.

Sounds like a case of liberal infection. Damn liberals keep moving in from the rathole states and bringing their communist ways of thinking with them. Hopefully Arizona doesn't go down the same rat hole that Colorado did, and Montana is in the process of slipping into as well.

Top Bottom