• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    And the OCer didn't shoot the perp with one of his his backup guns because..........:dunno:

Oh and.....
    Extra mags are great to have but they wouldn't have helped here without a gun to shoot them with.

Man is this embarrassing.

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    And the OCer didn't shoot the perp with one of his his backup guns because..........:dunno:

Oh and.....
    Extra mags are great to have but they wouldn't have helped here without a gun to shoot them with.

Man is this embarrassing.
    I was wondering the same thing, where was his back up gun, also how do they know he was 17 years old?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    If you're going to OC, use a retention holster. Having said that, maybe he was using an IWB holster and his shirt slid up over his pistol while he was bent over?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Looking into my crystal ball, and noticing the way the perp approaches, he knew the guy carried a firearm. I’m thinking this wasn’t as random as one would believe. Would definitely like to see a few more minutes prior to the snatch.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Looking into my crystal ball, and noticing the way the perp approaches, he knew the guy carried a firearm. I’m thinking this wasn’t as random as one would believe. Would definitely like to see a few more minutes prior to the snatch.
    That was the impression I took away as well.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The thief's been watching too many movies. Notice that he immediately racked the slide after getting the gun in his hand.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oof. That sucks. I also agree with those upthread that this guy was targeted, at least at some level. Dude seemed to know he was both armed and distracted.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The thief's been watching too many movies. Notice that he immediately racked the slide after getting the gun in his hand.
    Too many movies, or a smart kid who did a TRB to make sure the gun was functional? I would actually do the same with a “battlefield pickup” if I were in a situation that forced me to pick up a strange gun and use it.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana

I don’t think it would have mattered if he had a back up weapon or not seeing as how the perp instantly pointed and racked the slide right after he snatched it off the victim. I’ve always been told/learned you can never draw fast enough if someone already has a gun pointed on you.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Too many movies, or a smart kid who did a TRB to make sure the gun was functional? I would actually do the same with a “battlefield pickup” if I were in a situation that forced me to pick up a strange gun and use it.

Good point, but somehow I doubt he deserves that much credit.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I don’t think it would have mattered if he had a back up weapon or not seeing as how the perp instantly pointed and racked the slide right after he snatched it off the victim. I’ve always been told/learned you can never draw fast enough if someone already has a gun pointed on you.

Yep that kid was fast to rack the slide in case it wasn't loaded but then never shot right away. At some point he ran and the victim chased him. A backup would have come in handy. For those who think you are only allowed to shot someone as they're facing you, you are mistaken.
    Gun, car, truck, plane, grenade.... I would have done everything in my power to stop him. This has nothing to do with a loss of "Property" but everything to do with proven badguy now armed with a gun. Being that it's your own gun, that's just a kick in the teeth.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I carry concealed but leaning down in that position, I think my pistol would be sticking out for the whole world to see with a lot of my outfits that I would be wearing to work on my vehicle.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Was the gun owner hoodwinked ?

That kid had some B$#s and skills!
    He will go far in the crime world until he gets caught or killed what a waste.

Top Bottom